PDA

View Full Version : Ending a contract with landlord

learnmorenow
16-09-2009, 11:51 AM
I have a tenant on a 12 month AST that was already resident in the flat that I took on from a new landlord. She was apparently always in arrears at another flat the landlord owned and the previous letting agent didn't continue acting for the landlord because of the problem tenant. I have tried my best to help the landlord gain possession but at what point can I refuse to act for a landlord that has not paid me for over 3 months due to non payment of rental income? I have spent numerous hours on attempting to negotiate repayment plans and now issuing court documents for repossession.

Ericthelobster
16-09-2009, 11:54 AM
I have tried my best to help the landlord gain possession but at what point can I refuse to act for a landlord that has not paid me for over 3 months due to non payment of rental income?Surely that depends on the terms of your contract with the landlord; ie, what you are expected to do under it, and how you are to be re-imbursed (ie, whether that is dependent on rent actually being received from the tenant)?

jeffrey
16-09-2009, 11:57 AM
I have a tenant on a 12 month AST that was already resident in the flat that I took on from a new landlord. She was apparently always in arrears at another flat the landlord owned and the previous letting agent didn't continue acting for the landlord because of the problem tenant. I have tried my best to help the landlord gain possession but at what point can I refuse to act for a landlord that has not paid me for over 3 months due to non payment of rental income? I have spent numerous hours on attempting to negotiate repayment plans and now issuing court documents for repossession.
Are you a letting agent, then?