PDA

View Full Version : Junior Landlord Needs Help - I want to be fair.

shetal
06-04-2006, 15:26 PM
Hi there

I am new to this forum, I had tenants in my flat (a couple) and their tenancy ran out on 29th March, a month before I got a text stating that the Gentleman would be leaving but his Girlfriend would be staying, so I did nothing and figured I'd have to create a new tenancy when he left. But 2 weeks later, I got a text to say both were moving. I was not happy and went to discuss this with them and they said that she is not held responsible as she only signed as a witness although her name is mentioned on the contract. So I spoke to him, and he said that they didn't need to give notice at all as its not in the contract (which was drawn up by an estate agent).

Okay it gets more difficult on checking the flat, my sofa was missing, also there is a big crack in the ceiling, and my blinds in the kitchen is missing and the one in the living room is broken. I left small things such as a dish rack, toilet brush and lampshades in both bedrooms and even these are nowhere to be seen.

How much can I take from the deposit?
Can I take 2 weeks off for inadequate notice?
I will take cost of sofa off (although I would have to pay twice that now as they were in the flat for 2 yrs) and damage to ceiling and cost of new blinds. For the small things, guess its my loss for not putting them on the inventory.

They also were late on all 24 payments, but again, its not in the contract although I warned them that I'd take it off the deposit.

Please help, I need to send them a letter stating what I am taking off the deposit, but I want to be fair and within the law too.

Also now I am getting letters from bailiffs saying wheres my money?? Maybe thats where my sofa went??

Many thanks
Shetal

Jennifer_M
06-04-2006, 15:56 PM
As the tenants left at the end of the fixed term they didn't need to give you any notice so I don't think you can charge them anything for that.
Also you can't charge them on late payments unless it was stated in the agreement and that you're actually reasonable cost rather than say £100 for spite.

Regarding the missing items, you can indeed only charge for items that are on the inventory.
For what is on the inventory you can charge for replacement allowing for wear and tear. For exemple you can't charge for the cost of a brand new sofa if the one that's missing was 10 years old. There are a few messages on the forum relating to deposits and there are links to how to charge a tenant, a search should bring them up.

Of course if I'm wrong anywhere another member will correct me.

PaulF
06-04-2006, 16:51 PM
Okay, one slight correction.........
As the tenants left at the end of the fixed term they didn't need to give you any notice so I don't think you can charge them anything for that.
Also you can't charge them on late payments unless it was stated in the agreement and that you're actually reasonable cost rather than say £100 for spite. You can only charge them interest for late payment, not "reasonable costs", but it's a devil to work out!

Regarding the missing items, you can indeed only charge for items that are on the inventory.
For what is on the inventory you can charge for replacement allowing for wear and tear. For exemple you can't charge for the cost of a brand new sofa if the one that's missing was 10 years old. There are a few messages on the forum relating to deposits and there are links to how to charge a tenant, a search should bring them up.

Of course if I'm wrong anywhere another member will correct me.

shetal
06-04-2006, 17:20 PM
Hi there

Thanks Jennifer and Paul for your replies.

I really didn't realise my flat would be empty for so long, okay I will have to suffer in silence till I get new tenants then.

As for the furniture, it was all brand new and I have receipts to support this in case it does go to court. In two years I'd expect some wear and tear but all these things are missing or beyond repair.

With regards to them owing money on my property now, aren't I able to keep back some deposit until these bills are paid, they are being sent to my address and they said that I won't get any post here. Seems they got off with a lot more than I thought.

Also how long do I have before I have to pay them?
I'm trying to do all this within legal frameworks and want to give them the right amount of money too. Do I have to get the ceiling etc... fixed before I give them the deposit, currently I've asked a builder to estimate me for the ceiling and blinds and am in the process of ordering a new sofa.

Many Thanks
Shetal

shetal
06-04-2006, 17:23 PM
Hi again

As contract doesn't state they have to pay interest on late payments can I charge say 2% per day per late payment? I've read some contracts that state 4%.

Is this okay?
Thanks
Shetal

Energise
06-04-2006, 17:32 PM
Hi again

As contract doesn't state they have to pay interest on late payments can I charge say 2% per day per late payment? I've read some contracts that state 4%.

Is this okay?
Thanks
Shetal

I dont think you are going to get away with a 730% APR :eek:

(but you might justify it if you had a mortgage at that rate.) :D

shetal
06-04-2006, 17:34 PM
Hi Energise

I don't understand, can you rephrase please?
Thanks
Shetal

PaulF
06-04-2006, 17:38 PM
It's a pain I know but.............
Hi again

As contract doesn't state they have to pay interest on late payments can I charge say 2% per day per late payment? I've read some contracts that state 4%. You can't charge any interest on late payment unless the amount is stated within your tenancy agreement. The 2% & 4% to which your refer is the amount above the Bank of England base rate that is normally charged.

Is this okay?
Thanks
Shetal

Energise
06-04-2006, 17:58 PM
Hi Energise

I don't understand, can you rephrase please?
Thanks
Shetal

The rate you might seen in a contract would almost certainly be the annual rate of interest not a daily rate.

e.g. if a quoted interest was 6% the monthly interest rate would be 0.5% and a daily rate of 0.016666666666666666666666666666667% (roughly)

zoe
06-04-2006, 18:18 PM
2% per day !!! I dont think so.

As for any debts in their name coming to your address, they are of no concern to you at all. You dont have to open their mail, pay their bills or speak to anybody who knocks at your door for them so no you certainly cant charge them for it.

the only items you can deduct cost for are the missing items and broken items from your flat. since everything was 2 years old I cant imagine you could claim more than 50 -75% of the original price but I may be wrong.

Zoe

shetal
09-04-2006, 14:04 PM
Hi Zoe and Energise

Thanks for your replies, okay I am now ONLY charging for the broken items and the sofa. I am not charging them for the lack of notice, bounced cheques or late payments. But, I'm sure they will still call and want all of the money back.

Lets see what they say and if they want to take me to court, I'll be back on the forum, sooner than you think!

Thanks again!
Shetal

LMT
09-04-2006, 14:41 PM
Would Shetal be allowed to charge for his time in attending, eg to be at the property for sofa delivery, allow builders in to fix ceiling, time to source alternative blinds etc? Agents certainly charge landlords for 'adminitrative time' - is the landlord allowed to charge similarly to the departed tenant?

shetal
10-04-2006, 13:13 PM
Hi All

Seems I'm back sooner than I thought, I sent the tenants the remainder of the deposit and now I am getting texts to say that they'll go to my parents house to get cash for the remainder!! I mistakenly asked them to deposit cash off in the earlier stages of the renting period as they were not paying on time.

I really don't know what to do?

I've let them off on so many things.

Please help.

Shetal

Jennifer_M
10-04-2006, 14:18 PM
Contact the police and tell them the tenants are threatening you and your parents.

Tell your parents not to open the door to them.

Write a professional letter to the tenant explaining why you retained money (if you haven't told them already), that if they don't agree they can simply take you to small claims court and a judge will decide and that if they threaten you again they will have to deal with the police.

shetal
10-04-2006, 20:35 PM
Hi Jennifer

Thanks for your advice.

They haven't got back to me today, lets see tomorrow.
Shetal

shetal
11-04-2006, 09:46 AM
Hi All

They have now sent a letter to my parents house stating that I never pointed out anything when I was there, when in fact we has discussions for over an hour. They have threatened us that they will go to my parents house tonight now and make their presence known they said. I called him
and said I'd be contacting the authorities if he threatens me or my parents like this and he will be calling me later this evening now.

I'll state what we've gone over several times before and any more threats
will mean I call the police. Has anyone else been in my position??

This is getting way out of hand now.
Shetal

zoe
11-04-2006, 09:55 AM
Shetal

I wouldn't get into this. I would ignore letters and threats. if they do turn up at your door then you can call the police.

If they want their money back the only way to resolve this is through the courts. None of us here can tell you that your deductions are 100% fair but if you feel that they are then stick to your guns.

Seriously I would not phone them or speak to the them outside a court now. I would save all the letters they have sent and I would call the police and file an harassment case now.

Zoe

shetal
11-04-2006, 15:07 PM
Hi Zoe

Am going to report it to the Police tonight now, a friend will come with me too.

Thanks for your help, is so scary, being threatened like this.

Shetal

Worldlife
11-04-2006, 15:51 PM
I can't help thinking that the consequences of a landlord harassing or threatening a tenant would be treated by the authorities with greater diligence than when a tenant harasses a landlord.

Hope I am wrong!!

shetal
11-04-2006, 17:33 PM
Hi Vic

I've never had any dealings with the police before so is a first for me.
Will let you know how I get on...

shetal
12-04-2006, 20:29 PM
Hi All

Right, the police have noted the threatening behaviour and now they have decided to take us to court.

They say they are appointing a solicitor.

Do I need a solicitor if it goes to a small claims court?

Also, any advice on what to keep with regards to evidence as am re-doing the whole flat this weekend.

Any good website links would be appreciated also.

Many Thanks
Shetal

islandgirl
13-04-2006, 09:00 AM
sounds obvious but digital photos and video if possible of damage which can be seen.

Jennifer_M
13-04-2006, 10:42 AM
Hi All

Right, the police have noted the threatening behaviour and now they have decided to take us to court.

They say they are appointing a solicitor.

Do I need a solicitor if it goes to a small claims court?

Also, any advice on what to keep with regards to evidence as am re-doing the whole flat this weekend.

Any good website links would be appreciated also.

Many Thanks
Shetal

You don't need a solicitor, you can defend yourself.
Just make sure everything is documented, bring the letters you sent, the tenant letters etc.
Photos of the damage as well as estimates from "builders" to fix the repairs and invoices if you have some already will help your case.

As for a good website, Landlordzone is what you need.

shetal
13-04-2006, 13:59 PM
Hi Jennifer

Thanks, I'll do so this weekend, am getting quotes too on Saturday for the work.

Can only the parties who signed the contract speak? As I think the Girlfriend, who claims she has no responsibility whatsoever, (although she lived there and signed as a witness), will be the one speaking in Court.

Can my sister, whose studied law at uni, speak on my behalf?

Many Thanks
Shetal

RichieP
13-04-2006, 14:07 PM
I think they may be calling your bluff. I've seen plenty of cases where people mentio the word 'solicitor' thiking it will put the frighteners on you. Let them go for it. I don't see how they really have much of a case if your settee disappeared.
If it does go that far, I'm pretty sure you can appoint anyone to act on your behalf.

shetal
13-04-2006, 15:42 PM
Hi Richie

Thanks for some reassurance. Yeah after the missing sofa, they should be the ones being sheepish! Instead of threatening.

Its really changed the way I see the tenant/landlord relationship and put a bit of a dampener on my Easter weekend :-( also.

But I will stay strong!
Shetal

shetal
15-04-2006, 20:25 PM
Hi All

Got a court letter(from money claim online - www.moneyclaim.gov.uk) from Northampton County Court, stating that he wants all the deposit back, and I never said anything was wrong with the flat when they left!

I have to reply within 14 days, I took lots of pics of everything and even a camcorder of the flat too.

I will be drafting the reply tomorrow in my defence.
Letter states court costs of £80 have been added, so do I have to pay this also, even if it doesn't go to court? Do I send receipts and pics now?
Thanks
Shetal

shetal
20-10-2006, 20:41 PM
Hi All

I settled on giving the tenant back 50% of the deposit and drafted them
a letter without prejudice (thanks Paul_f), it saved me a lot of hassle
and I have done things totally differently now...

1. I have a very very detailed inventory and went through it with my new tenant.
2. I have a detailed AST and got it signed by tenant and witness.
3. The flat is totally refurbished and no holes in the ceiling and immaculate
paintwork also.

I have another question now, to do with agents fees...
BRgds
Shetal

choices
20-10-2006, 22:30 PM
Why is it that most landlords do not see that it is worth spending out to get an independant inventory done before a tenant moves in, and one that takes photographic proof of what the state of the house is in before the tenant moves in, which also includes photo of the inside of cooker/ fridge/sink/floors/bathrooms/walls etc. Many of the posts on here are lacking in independant proof of the property they own. Does DIY save you money - NO. How many lanldords will fail in the courts after next April, when there is no independant inventories done, how many agencies who use there own staff, will lose a court case because the judge will throw it out as the work is 'IN HOUSE'.
A detailed independant inventory/check out is well worth the money, although most argue that they have not had problems in the past, it takes just one lot to prove otherwise. A friend of mine has lost £10k, fromn bad tenats who trashed thge house. I had to go along and throw them out and mention legalitites, before they would hand over keys, they assumed that when we had gone they would return and carry on living there, I forced the issue of changing locks, and stood firm against intimidation from a 6'3 black guy - all muscle, who thought that similar to the landlady I would meekly seek address through the courts, however, all 5'2 of me told them where to go and they left - always bluff a bluffer - also I HATE someone getting the better if I know I am in the right. To many tenants who think they know their rights.:rolleyes:

choices
20-10-2006, 22:33 PM
PLS excuse poor proof reading to previous thread, spelling should have been better. :D

P.Pilcher
20-10-2006, 22:52 PM
That's what your 'edit' button is for!

P.P.

Ericthelobster
20-10-2006, 23:00 PM
A detailed independant inventory/check out is well worth the money, although most argue that they have not had problems in the past, it takes just one lot to prove otherwise. A friend of mine has lost £10k, fromn bad tenats who trashed thge house.So you're saying that if your friend had hired you to do his inventory, he wouldn't have lost 10K?

stood firm against intimidation from a 6'3 black guy - all muscle, who thought that similar to the landlady I would meekly seek address through the courts, however, all 5'2 of me told them where to go and they left - always bluff a blufferAnd the guy's colour was relevant because.......?

And what were you bluffing over exactly, if not threatening to seek address through the courts (which apparently is too meek for you?

Billy Whizz
22-10-2006, 16:34 PM
Hi there

I am new to this forum, I had tenants in my flat (a couple) and their tenancy ran out on 29th March, a month before I got a text stating that the Gentleman would be leaving but his Girlfriend would be staying, so I did nothing and figured I'd have to create a new tenancy when he left. But 2 weeks later, I got a text to say both were moving. I was not happy and went to discuss this with them and they said that she is not held responsible as she only signed as a witness although her name is mentioned on the contract. So I spoke to him, and he said that they didn't need to give notice at all as its not in the contract (which was drawn up by an estate agent).

Okay it gets more difficult on checking the flat, my sofa was missing, also there is a big crack in the ceiling, and my blinds in the kitchen is missing and the one in the living room is broken. I left small things such as a dish rack, toilet brush and lampshades in both bedrooms and even these are nowhere to be seen.

How much can I take from the deposit?
Can I take 2 weeks off for inadequate notice?
I will take cost of sofa off (although I would have to pay twice that now as they were in the flat for 2 yrs) and damage to ceiling and cost of new blinds. For the small things, guess its my loss for not putting them on the inventory.

They also were late on all 24 payments, but again, its not in the contract although I warned them that I'd take it off the deposit.

Please help, I need to send them a letter stating what I am taking off the deposit, but I want to be fair and within the law too.

Also now I am getting letters from bailiffs saying wheres my money?? Maybe thats where my sofa went??

Many thanks
Shetal

Honestly i dont like tenants who take Michael - I'd charge them reguardless! However your a young geezer starting out sod it bruv - start fresh!

pippay
22-10-2006, 18:23 PM
Your comments are totally unhelpful to this OP who is trying to stay within the law ..

Shetal .. take no notice of Billywhizz - he's a well known troll in this forum -and never has anything constructive to say.

Stick with real advice that can be backed up by legislations and/or the vast amount of experience gained by the respected Members on here.

Follow Billy's advice and you'll regret it. You only have to look at his past posts to recognise that he's the LAST person to take advice from.

Honestly i dont like tenants who take Michael - I'd charge them reguardless! However your a young geezer starting out sod it bruv - start fresh!

Billy Whizz
22-10-2006, 21:35 PM
Your comments are totally unhelpful to this OP who is trying to stay within the law ..

Shetal .. take no notice of Billywhizz - he's a well known troll in this forum -and never has anything constructive to say.

Stick with real advice that can be backed up by legislations and/or the vast amount of experience gained by the respected Members on here.

Follow Billy's advice and you'll regret it. You only have to look at his past posts to recognise that he's the LAST person to take advice from.

i'll repeat myself: Honestly i dont like tenants who take Michael - I'd charge them reguardless! However your a young geezer starting out sod it bruv - start fresh!

Take note of the BOLD underlining its the best advice you will get from someone who has over 300 London apartments and a DB9 on order.

pippay
22-10-2006, 22:03 PM
yer right .. whatever you say Billy ; must be the hallucinogenics you're on.

i'll repeat myself: Honestly i dont like tenants who take Michael - I'd charge them reguardless! However your a young geezer starting out sod it bruv - start fresh!

Take note of the BOLD underlining its the best advice you will get from someone who has over 300 London apartments and a DB9 on order.

Billy Whizz
24-10-2006, 20:47 PM
yer right .. whatever you say Billy ; must be the hallucinogenics you're on.

If thats the case you need some!

Jennifer_M
25-10-2006, 11:57 AM
I feel sorry for at least 300 tenants in London !

newlandlord1
25-10-2006, 14:57 PM
Why would you be on the internet posting meaningless advise if you have over 300 properties and a DB9!!
Surely a millionaire would be sunning himself somewhere like the Caribbean, while watching their bank balance...... :D

pippay
25-10-2006, 19:18 PM
cos he's delusional; on drugs; or, juding by his posts s few months ago, psychotically narcissistic OR all 3 .. whichever, one thing is certain, he's missing his straight jacket :D

Why would you be on the internet posting meaningless advise if you have over 300 properties and a DB9!!
Surely a millionaire would be sunning himself somewhere like the Caribbean, while watching their bank balance......

Billy Whizz
28-10-2006, 17:28 PM
Surely a millionaire would be sunning himself somewhere like the Caribbean, while watching their bank balance......

Your a "new" landlord! You'd understand if you came from nothing that sunning yourself in the sun isnt what life is all about, you'd be too scared to go back where you started to stop. When you become a big boy in the game you'll also understand that money in the bank is a waste of time afterall I know i'll be worth more tomorow than I am today

Billy Whizz
28-10-2006, 17:33 PM
cos he's delusional; on drugs; or, juding by his posts s few months ago, psychotically narcissistic OR all 3 .. whichever, one thing is certain, he's missing his straight jacket :D

yeah, its a Multi Millionaire formula

Billy Whizz
28-10-2006, 17:34 PM
I feel sorry for at least 300 tenants in London !

Its more like 500/600 tenants to be fair!

Jennifer_M
28-10-2006, 21:22 PM

Good lord!

You can't feel that's good about yourself though if you have the need to try and prove to strangers on the Internet how good you supposedly are...

And in the end you could have Bill Gates' money that people would still be thinking you are giving terrible advice on this board.

pippay
29-10-2006, 07:36 AM
Has anyone noticed that he's admitted to being delusional, psychotically narcisstic, on drugs and in need of a straight jacket, roflol !!!! :D

Bright isn't he ???

cos he's delusional; on drugs; or, juding by his posts s few months ago, psychotically narcissistic OR all 3 .. whichever, one thing is certain, he's missing his straight jacket

yeah, its a Multi Millionaire formula

I quite agree with you Jennifer M .. if he REALLY had that kind of moeny, he wouldn't need to keep trying to prove it to anonymous people such as ourselves, and even so I doubt if he's got it legally. These alleged "500 -600" tenants are probably all living in properties about to be demolished around their ears for lack of Building Regs and Planning Permission that BillyW failed to apply for ..

One would have thought that with all his "money" he'd have been able to afford a solicitor (nay - with his dosh he could have bought a firm of them and have a QC on 24 hour call !) to have advised him instead us poor lowly mortals !!

Billy Whizz
29-10-2006, 13:43 PM
Has anyone noticed that he's admitted to being delusional, psychotically narcisstic, on drugs and in need of a straight jacket, roflol !!!! :D

Bright isn't he ???

I quite agree with you Jennifer M .. if he REALLY had that kind of moeny, he wouldn't need to keep trying to prove it to anonymous people such as ourselves, and even so I doubt if he's got it legally. These alleged "500 -600" tenants are probably all living in properties about to be demolished around their ears for lack of Building Regs and Planning Permission that BillyW failed to apply for ..

One would have thought that with all his "money" he'd have been able to afford a solicitor (nay - with his dosh he could have bought a firm of them and have a QC on 24 hour call !) to have advised him instead us poor lowly mortals !!

When you look at the amount of posts both of you have clocked up - one would have thought that with all this "advice" to give you'd both be Multi-Millionaires.

Billy Whizz
29-10-2006, 13:44 PM

Bright isn't he ???

like i said its a Multi Millionaire formula and the jackets straight outta Savile Row

pms
29-10-2006, 15:14 PM
like i said its a Multi Millionaire formula and the jackets straight outta Savile Row

Don't you mean the jacket is straight out of Broadmoor:D

pippay
29-10-2006, 19:03 PM
And who is to say we're not ? ... all the (multi) millionaires I know ( and I know several) just don't go bragging about it to totally anonymous strangers. They don't need to.

If you own 600 properties at say an average £200k each .. it would actually make you a billionnaire - in which case you'd be one of the UK's richest and you'd certainly be listed somewhere especially in view of your tender years - possibly even in Who's Who?

C'mon, Billy, who are you really ? :D

When you look at the amount of posts both of you have clocked up - one would have thought that with all this "advice" to give you'd both be Multi-Millionaires.

Billy Whizz
03-11-2006, 20:08 PM
And who is to say we're not ?
Lets put it this way, your not!

all the (multi) millionaires I know ( and I know several) just don't go bragging about it to totally anonymous strangers. They don't need to
To know several (multi) millionaires ANYONE in your position would have got there finger out and be up there with them by now.

If you own 600 properties at say an average £200k each .. it would actually make you a billionnaire - in which case you'd be one of the UK's richest and you'd certainly be listed somewhere especially in view of your tender years - possibly even in Who's Who?

Who owns 600 properties?

pippay
04-11-2006, 03:33 AM
Oh Billy, Billy, Billy .. one day you'll learn but with your current attitude I daresay it will be the hard way. Hey ho.

Lets put it this way, your not! I'm a millionnaire in ways your limited IQ just couldn't comprehend ... and I don't need to be a monetary millionnaire because there isn't anything I want or need that I haven't already got! It's a lovely position to be in. You ought to try it.

To know several (multi) millionaires ANYONE in your position would have got there finger out and be up there with them by now. I'm very happy to admit that I'm not driven by money - there are far more important things to aim for in life. But rest assured I provided for my family some years ago and they now own a large proportion of an idyllic tropical island in the Indonesian Ocean developing, building and renting out LUXURY villas (all with the relevant permissions granted, of course :D ) to .. you got it !! MILLIONNAIRES, several multi plus a celeb or two !! as well as many mere mortals who all have this overwhelming need to get away from people like you.

Who owns 600 properties? You said you did - well originally you said it was 300 then you upped it to 500/600 .. .. or are your retracting that now ? oops ! I forgot ! you always retract when you've been caught out in your fantasies.

PS if any other posters are interested in the villas for next year, email me privately and I'll ask my daughter to send details, photos, prices and availability - Discounts for respected LLZ Senior Members naturally ! The Maldives is probably the closest comparison but this island is less commercialised !!

charles10
04-11-2006, 14:40 PM
If ever the Duke of Westminster became a smack head.
you could'nt imagine him acting in any other way but like our kid "Billy whizz"

Never thought you could get 600+ tenants into your average Legoland Boxed £49:99 Village set.

MrShed
04-11-2006, 15:06 PM
Wow pippay thats impressive...good luck for your family with that!!

Billy Whizz
04-11-2006, 17:32 PM

hmmmm....now im sure that says tenants!

pippay
04-11-2006, 20:47 PM
Thanks .. I appreciate that. :)

They love it there - the people, the simple values of honesty and friendship and the way of life- and of course, the weather!

If it was big enough to have a hospital or at least a Doctor, I'd be there myself !

Wow pippay thats impressive...good luck for your family with that!!

pippay
04-11-2006, 21:01 PM
600 tenants x £100 p.w. (average) x 52 weeks per year = £3,120,000 - A YEAR

So whichever way you try and cut it, you're still saying you're a multi millionaire - a property magnate no less - and that's without the fixed assets, increasing equity and interest !!

So do tell, Billy - what's your real name and the secret of your success at such a tender age?

Come out of the closet and share with those less fortunate than you. In fact, why not start up an internet business teaching others your secrets and make even MORE money ?

Surrey
05-11-2006, 16:08 PM
Can anyone tell me if there's a way to 'ignore' a thread? Frankly I'm not interested in reading about someone's flights of fantasy and someone else's pointless rebuttal of it (pointless because they'll continue in their fantasy whatever).

I AM interested in the original post so although the response might be "well don't read it then" I have to at least open the thread in case it's got a new RELEVANT point to make.

In brief, could Billy Whizz and his detractors kindly desist, it is really getting tedious!

(Best way to avoid someone lying in wait for others to come trip-trapping across their internet bridge is just to IGNORE them!)