PDA

View Full Version : Correct AST document to use....any advice please

mememe
05-08-2009, 01:34 AM
Hi
I have been using an old AST agreement version on all past lets in my property which was fine before all tyhe new regulations came into force about deposits. Is there a newer version that must be used to incorporate the new jargon about the deposits protection and stuff? I dont think I can carry on using my old one since it's a bit archaic. Does anyone know where I can download a good one?
Also can anyone tell me where I can get a "prescribed format" document to hand to my new tenants about the deposits information or can I just write it out myself. Really would appreciate the info as this will be a new tenancy under the new reg's.
Thanks!!

PaulF
05-08-2009, 08:55 AM
Try using the internet and Google! You'll be surprised by what you can find!

mememe
05-08-2009, 13:45 PM
Wow, that's really helpful!

Is it always this unfriendly around here! :rolleyes:

jeffrey
05-08-2009, 13:59 PM
Wow, that's really helpful!

Is it always this unfriendly around here!
No, often it's very much worse. Try using LZ's "AGREEMENTS" feature at top of page, to see what's available.

jta
05-08-2009, 14:04 PM
Is it always this unfriendly around here!

Nah! sometimes it's a lot worse, Have a look at 'agreements' on this site for forms, or as Paulf says, trawl the internet to find a free one, be careful though that it does the job properly and ask advice before you alter any of the clauses. :cool:

mememe
05-08-2009, 14:24 PM
Thanks for that! It's just that I have had my previous tenants for 4 years and they are sadly moving on so Im finding out that things have changed radically in terms of deposits and things so I just wanted to ahead of the game so to speak.
Thanks again!