PDA

View Full Version : Any good website to advertise property?

PatrickP3
19-03-2006, 07:09 AM
Hi,

I am trying to rent my property directly and have put it on www.torent.co.uk, www.letalife.com and www.fish4homes. So far, no luck (no phone calls at all after 1 week).

I have done some market research for market valuation and I have put my property at the lower end of the price bracket I was advised by letting agents. I also looked at other properties in the same area and I am confident the property is properly priced.

I believe that the property is not renting because the marketing exposure is poor. Could you please advise of any good websites to advertise property in the Midlands? The property is a 3 bed detached and the monthly rental is £750.

Thanks.

PatrickP3

justaboutsane
19-03-2006, 08:50 AM
www.letsdirect.co.uk We use it alot and have found many tenants through this site.

MrShed
19-03-2006, 08:55 AM
We have always had successful letting simply by using the classifieds in the local paper....sometimes the old methods are the best!

Ericthelobster
19-03-2006, 09:08 AM
We have always had successful letting simply by using the classifieds in the local paper....sometimes the old methods are the best!Same here - I'm sure it depends greatly on the area you live in and your target market, but in my own experience, one ad in the local weekly paper (£50-60) almost always results in a letting, whereas I've tried any number of websites with barely any enquiries resulting, let alone lettings.

caroline7758
19-03-2006, 17:41 PM
I found letalife very successful, but maybe I was lucky! I presume you've looked in the "property wanted" sections of the websites to see if anyone wants what you've got? Have you got a local gumtree.com?

Worldlife
19-03-2006, 19:58 PM
I've found adverts in the local paper get better results than web postings.

Be warned though that some of the responses to newspaper ads are from those who may not be able to meet letting agents criteria to become their clients or who have special requirements.

PatrickP3
20-03-2006, 13:04 PM
Thank you all. Some very useful tips.