PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy cheap curtains?

magic.genie
08-03-2006, 15:24 PM
My tenant has just moved out of one of my houses and I've never seen anything so disgusting in all of my life.
Spent all weekend cleaning/painting/repairing, Saturday night I was ill from breathing in all the cleaning product fumes all day. The carpets are in a right state too, hopefully they'll clean up if i get the carpet cleaning man in.
Anyway, it's looking loads better now.

My question is, does anyone know where to get any cheap curtains from? I've been to Matalan, but no luck, any thoughts anyone?
Hope to hear from you, kind regards
Alex

P.Pilcher
08-03-2006, 15:45 PM
My wife is responsible for the curtains in our rental properties - I just have to deal with the rails. She acquires them from charity shops and car boot sales managing to acquire top quality items for ridiculously low prices.

P.P.

justaboutsane
08-03-2006, 17:42 PM
Supermarkets are also good places to get cheap good quality soft furnishings! We are looking at getting all the soft furnishings for our HMO from our local Asda!

I buy their bed linen... its cheap but good quality. Not sure about curtains as I have had no need of them yet! ...

Ikea is great too! .. I bought a huge curtain for £7.. its about 1m wide and 3m long.. washes well too!

islandgirl
08-03-2006, 18:02 PM
charity shops every time. Go around them armed with the measurements you need - its amazing what you find. I got 2 beautiful full length pairs with tie backs unused for £5 each!

magic.genie
11-03-2006, 17:57 PM
Hey! Thanks everyone. I ended up at Asda found 3 curtain poles reduced from £17 to £7 each, then at the till they were £5.50 each, great stuff.

Then went round the charity shops and found some great curtains.

Just what I needed some cheap curtains and poles, especially as this house just seems like a money pit at the moment, know what I mean?!?!

regards
Alex

Tassotti
13-03-2006, 03:27 AM
Take the cleaning charges out of the tenants deposit.

Poppy
13-03-2006, 09:18 AM
As a precaution, block the ends of the curtain poles so that prawns or kippers cannot be hidden inside for maturation by the next lot of disgruntled departing tenants.