PDA

View Full Version : Retrospective Planning Permission

fatlatch
21-04-2009, 19:51 PM
I have an Edwardian semi detached house that originally had a pantry attached to the kitchen, but had been demolished by the time we bought it. Five years ago we rebuilt it, but slightly smaller and also knocked through between the kitchen and diner.
For reasons that are best known to my other half we didn't ask for planning permission.
All the work was done with great care by a proffessional builder so I am not worried about that, but as we are now looking to sell, do we need to seek retrospective PP, and how risky is that?
Thanks in advance for any replies.:confused:

jeffrey
22-04-2009, 09:45 AM
Ask two questions: besides whether p/p is now necessary (or perhaps it's unnecessary, > 4yrs. havong elapsed), Indemnity Insurance might be demanded by P. Consult your conveyancing solicitor on this.

landplanningassociates
24-04-2009, 14:17 PM
Ask two questions: besides whether p/p is now necessary (or perhaps it's unnecessary, > 4yrs. havong elapsed), Indemnity Insurance might be demanded by P. Consult your conveyancing solicitor on this.

It will be 10 years, not 4, to acquire immunity if pp was needed.
But it could well fall within the scope of Permitted Development under the 1995 GPD Order.

neilt
12-05-2009, 12:24 PM
It will be 10 years, not 4, to acquire immunity if pp was needed.
But it could well fall within the scope of Permitted Development under the 1995 GPD Order.

Does this mean that if 4 years continuous use have elapsed then retrospective PP would need to be applied for, but if 10 years had passed then perhaps only an indmnity policy would suffice?