PDA

View Full Version : S21(a) end date query

sid1980
31-03-2009, 11:36 AM
I need to evict a tenant

the agency that manages this property for me registered the tenant as moving into the property on the 31st dec 07, so the rent due date is the 31st of each month, he tells me.

so now i want to evict the tenant, i need to issue an S21 (my agent issued it before but he got the dates completely wrong as i was told by my solicitor, so now I have to issue the S21 again)

so if i issue an S21(a) in april, giving 2 months notice takes me into June, but what should be the last date i put on the notice since June has 30 days and rent is supposed to be collected on the 31st?

the 29th?

Any help appreciated

jeffrey
31-03-2009, 12:39 PM
1. Is this letting definitely an AST?
2. On what date did the most recently-granted fixed term actually start?
3. Did you receive (or already hold) any deposit from T at that point?
4. If so, did you protect it?
5. How long was that fixed term?
6. Have you already served any s.21 Notice on T?

sid1980
31-03-2009, 12:58 PM
1. Is this letting definitely an AST? - yes it is, my agent when he first issued his s21, stated this
2. On what date did the most recently-granted fixed term actually start? - the fixed term started 31st dec 07, for 6 months, so ended in June 08, then it was periodic.
3. Did you receive (or already hold) anydeposit from T at that point? - no deposit was received,
4. If so, did you protect it? - NA
5. How long was that fixed term? - 6months
6. Have you already served any s.21 Notice on T? - My agent served an s21(b) on the tenant during the fixed term, as a precautionary step, but when i showed this to my solicitor he advised it was dated wrong.

thanks for your response

jeffrey
31-03-2009, 13:56 PM
thanks for your response
Advice: do not insert replies into copy of post. Use 'quote' facility instead.