PDA

View Full Version : Problem with water bill

Sanita
30-03-2009, 22:31 PM
Hello, I have been reading this forum for some time and found lots of valuable info, thank you.
My question is about water bill.
The property we live in has been converted into 2 apartments. Each flat is owed by a different person. Our LL is Mrs. A and LL of other flat is Mr.B and he is also managing our property(if smth gets broken or needs attention we contact him).
When we moved in, it was agreed that we shared the water bill with the tenants of second flat (50:50). Later they moved out and new bloke moved in. His rent is all inclusive and he rents through the agy. I don't want to be responsible for the whole bill (but still happy to pay my share of it). I have tried to contact Mr B(who is LL of the second property) but received no response- his phone is off or unanswered and he isn't responding to e-mails either.
Later I contacted the water company, explained the situation and asked them to separate the bill, so we get just out share to pay. They refused to do it without permission of Mr. B. and advised to change the name on the bill, so LL of the second property will be responsible for the bill himself. It didn't really helped the situation because the bill will come, obviously we will be paying just our half and arrears will start to build up. If there anything that I can do to separate the bill?

jeffrey
31-03-2009, 09:58 AM
Do you have:
a. a long leasehold interest; or
b. an Assured Shorthold Tenancy?

Sanita
31-03-2009, 11:01 AM
AST,but now it's periodical