PDA

View Full Version : Other peoples rent

brs
30-03-2009, 19:18 PM
I haved lived in my house for 1 year 8 months,my LL is trying to make pay rent for 2 other people that moved out 2 weeks ago neither of them gave the correct notice of 2 months but my LL has allowed them to move.He is now asking me to pay the full rent of £900. I have problems with the house such as there has been no gas certificate for 2 years, my deposit was not placed in a deposit scheme i have only one exit out of my house cuz my LL never got the key from an ex-tenant for my front door (fire hazard).i have 2 cracked windows which were damaged before i moved in the LL knows about all of this as i wrote it to him in a letter. It doesnt say anyware on the agreement that i would have to pay there rent if the situation occured it also doesnt say how much rent i have to pay and my LL's name and address are not on it. He recently told me this was his first house that he has ever rented and i pay his rent in cash. i have never recieved a deposit reciept or a reciept for monthly rent. With all this would i have some sort of case for small claims? or a way i could compramise with him.

mind the gap
30-03-2009, 19:30 PM
I haved lived in my house for 1 year 8 months,my LL is trying to make pay rent for 2 other people that moved out 2 weeks ago neither of them gave the correct notice of 2 months but my LL has allowed them to move.He is now asking me to pay the full rent of £900. I have problems with the house such as there has been no gas certificate for 2 years, my deposit was not placed in a deposit scheme i have only one exit out of my house cuz my LL never got the key from an ex-tenant for my front door (fire hazard).i have 2 cracked windows which were damaged before i moved in the LL knows about all of this as i wrote it to him in a letter. It doesnt say anyware on the agreement that i would have to pay there rent if the situation occured it also doesnt say how much rent i have to pay and my LL's name and address are not on it. He recently told me this was his first house that he has ever rented and i pay his rent in cash. i have never recieved a deposit reciept or a reciept for monthly rent. With all this would i have some sort of case for small claims? or a way i could compramise with him.

Is it a joint AST or do you all have separate agreements?

brs
30-03-2009, 19:34 PM
it is a joint ast

jeffrey
31-03-2009, 09:47 AM
See http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=18036&goto=nextoldest where a largely identical problem is being discussed.