PDA

View Full Version : advice please?

flips
30-03-2009, 14:37 PM
hi,
our landlord has given us the normal 2 months notice but im hoping to clarify some points..

He wants to start showing people around now..can we refuse that as i thought that showing prospective tennants, valuations etc can only be requested during last month of tennancy?

If a time suggested isnt convenient and the landlord wants to let himself in to show people around and we dont give permission for that..can he enter the house anyway..is that breaking the law or not?
hes suggesting times that really arent good for us..i.e 3 or 4pm..do we really have to take time off work to accommodate??
we also have 2 dogs that the landlord is aware of so we really dont want him coming in on his own. he feels we are being unreasonable but even if we didnt have dogs i really wouldnt be comfortable him being there without us.

He has only just paid our deposit into the correct protective deposit schemes..we moved into property Feb 2008..i believe we can take him to court..is this correct?

Sorry if all this has been answered elsewhere on the forum ..

jeffrey
30-03-2009, 15:00 PM
Has L in fact served on you a Notice under s.21? If so, are you sure that your deposit was protected as required?

flips
30-03-2009, 15:03 PM
hi,
he sent a letter of notice stating in accordance with housing act etc(i will check which one)
on the same letter he states our deposit is with a scheme and gave us the ID and contact details. On ringing up we were told that money was deposited only a couple of days ago and payment as yet hadnt cleared.
we moved in 13 months ago...

jeffrey
30-03-2009, 15:06 PM
hi,
he sent a letter of notice stating in accordance with housing act etc(i will check which one)
on the same letter he states our deposit is with a scheme and gave us the ID and contact details. On ringing up we were told that money was deposited only a couple of days ago and payment as yet hadnt cleared.
we moved in 13 months ago...
L cannot use s.21 unless and until he has protected a protectable deposit. Did he serve Notice before protecting?

flips
30-03-2009, 15:11 PM
sorry..could you clarify s21?
i think he protected deposit day before he gave us written notice but i will check that

jeffrey
30-03-2009, 15:37 PM
sorry..could you clarify s21?
i think he protected deposit day before he gave us written notice but i will check that
Section 21 of Housing Act 1988. There are myriad threads about it!

flips
30-03-2009, 15:41 PM
ok..will read up ..:thanks..:)
any advice re my other 2 questions please?

jeffrey
30-03-2009, 16:28 PM
Any advice re my other 2 questions please?
L has no right of entry for viewings unless T agrees. During tenancy, T has exclusive possession- so can even exclude L.