PDA

View Full Version : Solar heating

ithas2bedone
29-03-2009, 12:03 PM
I have read somewhere on a forum of a solar heating system that requires no wires etc it works on the form of the panel heats up from solar or a photovoltaic system. it was an easy system to install.
BUT i cant remember where the firm came from and have lost the link any ideas?

the concept was that as the panel heated a fan powered by the panel blew the warm air into the building.:)

Preston
29-03-2009, 19:04 PM
I have read somewhere on a forum of a solar heating system that requires no wires etc it works on the form of the panel heats up from solar or a photovoltaic system. it was an easy system to install.
BUT i cant remember where the firm came from and have lost the link any ideas?

the concept was that as the panel heated a fan powered by the panel blew the warm air into the building.:)

Hi

Well sounds interesting, but I'm a bit sceptical. I (or rather my company) have installed both thermal absorber and photovoltaic solar panels on a number of properties. Both types require wiring, along with substantial other intallation works.

I am not trying to put you off from looking a renewable energy sources by any means, but if you take the plunge make sure you go for something that has been properly tested and accredited. And as an aside, if you go for a photovoltaic system then have a look around for any grants available to help subsidise the installation cost because without such financial assistance the "payback" is usually far in excess of anything an individual would normally be happy with.

Good luck.

Preston

ithas2bedone
30-03-2009, 04:49 AM
I think these may be the people http://www.solarventi.co.uk/index.pl?art=1 or something similar

steve