PDA

View Full Version : Residential house

MijasRealEstate
23-03-2009, 20:22 PM
Hi to you all,
I have a house i am currently trying to rent out in the UK and was wondering what kind of rental agreement is now necessary when i eventually find a suitable tennant.
I would like to be able to get them out easily if any problems arise whether it is non payment of rent, damage to property, not keeping the garden neat & tidy etc...
by the way i don't know if this matters but there is a swimming pool in the garden too
I look forward to any of your views

John

mind the gap
23-03-2009, 20:59 PM
If your main criterion for a tenancy agreement is that you want to be able to evict your tenants easily, then I suggest you apply to work for Rentokil instead.

As for the swimming pool, I imagine it will be a complete non-starter. They are ludicrously expensive and difficult to heat and maintain and if one of your tenants drowned in it or caught some horrible disease from not cleaning it correctly, they (or their relatives) may feel inclined to sue you.

Honestly, don't go there. Concrete it in. Private swimming pools in the UK
are a huge turn-off for purchasers of properties, let alone tenants.

Incidentally, please don't use this forum as a free platform to advertise your business.

Bel
24-03-2009, 00:10 AM
Ask/Get an agent

kikuyu
24-03-2009, 08:36 AM
Why is a letting/Estate Agent asking us poor lot to tell him how to let a property?

I suggest you take a 3 years course in Estate Management at Reading University to start with, followed by attending RICS seminars before you can be let loose. Also make contacts with a good firm of bailiffs in case you need to evict the tenants.

MijasRealEstate
06-08-2009, 22:25 PM
Hi to you all again,

Thanks for your comments !

kikuyu ...... I AM AN ESTATE AGENT/ LETTING AGENT IN SPAIN AND NOT IN THE UK SO APOLOGISE IF I DON'T FOLLOW THE UK RULES

mind the gap ..... I'VE ALWAYS FOUND THAT HAVING THE "SWIMMING POOL" DEFINATELY ATTRACTS INTEREST EVEN IF YOU ONLY HAVE 1 WEEK A YEAR OF SUMMER !

I've now just found a suitable tenant and they are moving in tomorrow i will use my AST as before as this is good enough for what is required.

I have found some interesting info on here so i thank the forum for all they do

Kind Regards

John