PDA

View Full Version : How do i find a Landlords address?

mykt555
16-03-2009, 12:47 PM
I have nuisance neighbours living next door, i recently discovered that they are renting the property, but despite my efforts to find an address for the owner/landlord i have been unsuccessful, i have repeatedly asked the tenants to contact their landlord regarding the garden fence they kindly removed and burnt on their bonfire last year without permission or replacement. When i asked them recently for the landlords contact details so i could speak directly to him/her they reacted angrily. I have paid £3 for the land registry details on the property but i only got a name of the owner, the address was the same as the property, has anyone got advice on how to find the landlords details it would be very much appreciated?

jeffrey
16-03-2009, 12:51 PM
If L shows this property as his address, that's where you would have to serve any Notices on him.

mind the gap
16-03-2009, 13:21 PM
This may or may not apply, but if it is a licensable HMO, the local council keeps names and addresses of all landlords. These are available for public inspection.

theartfullodger
16-03-2009, 15:11 PM
try 192.com, the postman (yup, ask him nicely), send the man a letter to his next door address, try ALL the estate & letting agents locally... the Police, the council, neighbours, & anything else you can think of...

(I take it you are not in Scotland: There (sensible country) all Landlords must be registered, public web-site, you can look 'em up -)

Cheers!

Artfu;l

mind the gap
16-03-2009, 15:20 PM
try 192.com, the postman (yup, ask him nicely), send the man a letter to his next door address, try ALL the estate & letting agents locally... the Police, the council, neighbours, & anything else you can think of...

(I take it you are not in Scotland: There (sensible country) all Landlords must be registered, public web-site, you can look 'em up -)

Cheers!

Artfu;l

But most of the people you mention (apart from the neighbours perhaps) would not be obliged to reveal the address to you even if they knew it, or might actively refuse to, on grounds on confidentiality.

Paragon
16-03-2009, 15:28 PM
The postman will know - buy him a beer.

KateC
16-03-2009, 16:04 PM
I would write him a letter addressing the issues to the address of the property, I would assume he must be redirecting his mail and it will get to him, then kindly ask the postman about the if there is a redirect on the address for the landlord.

jeffrey
16-03-2009, 16:13 PM
Really, it's just the owner whose address you need- the fact that the owner is L, sub-letting, is irrelevant.

Of course, T does have rights to obtain L's address [s.1 of LTA 1985] but that's no good here!

awt19
16-03-2009, 16:20 PM
Really, it's just the owner whose address you need- the fact that the owner is L, sub-letting, is irrelevant.

Of course, T does have rights to obtain L's address [s.1 of LTA 1985] but that's no good here!

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I think its relevant. I have my LL's PO Box number. Is this sufficient to serve notices on, or do I need his home address?

jeffrey
16-03-2009, 16:29 PM
Sufficient for postal service; obviously not if serving by hand.

awt19
16-03-2009, 16:45 PM
Sufficient for postal service; obviously not if serving by hand.

Thanks, I'm looking at sending in my N208 this week. Is it sufficient for the court to serve this notice to a PO Box? Or do they need to have the home address?

jeffrey
16-03-2009, 16:47 PM
Thanks, I'm looking at sending in my N208 this week. Is it sufficient for the court to serve this notice to a PO Box? Or do they need to have the home address?
As I don't handle litigation, I don't know what the Civil Procedure Rules state about addresses for service: sorry.

awt19
16-03-2009, 16:52 PM
As I don't handle litigation, I don't know what the Civil Procedure Rules state about addresses for service: sorry.

No problem, thanks anyways.