PDA

View Full Version : are the agents letting me down?

sothgate
11-03-2009, 17:39 PM
i have been renting my house through an agent for the past three years.
i have just had the tenants from hell in my house, they vacated last weekend. but did not do any out check with the agent, they posted the keys through his office door with no forwarding address.
they have left the house in a very undisireable state,and have not paid the last months rent, they told the agent to use the deposit to cover this, which he has let them do(he says there was nothing he could do about it.). the problem is, . the tenant has stolen all of my curtains and nets from the house, and caused damage that i have no deposit to cover. There is also the redecorating costs.The agent does not have any rent garantee policy. the damage to my house, the filth they left behind, and the rubbish that has to be cleared, is going to be covered by the agent. i do hold a landlords insurance policy is it possible to claim, has the agent handled this correctly

jta
11-03-2009, 17:57 PM
If the agents are going to cover your costs, what else do you want? It sounds as if they are doing more than they have to. Tell us who these paragons of virtue are.

mind the gap
11-03-2009, 18:13 PM
If the agents are going to cover your costs, what else do you want? It sounds as if they are doing more than they have to. Tell us who these paragons of virtue are.

I agree. I was just thinking, apart from the generous offer to cover the costs of the damage/cleaning (assuming that is what OP was saying), their behaviour is pretty authentic, if posters on this forum are to be believed.