PDA

View Full Version : Check-In Report Not Provided

slc1978
08-03-2009, 19:34 PM
Just a quick question as I am about to give notice to end my tenancy agreement using a standard break clause in my AST.

My concern is that I have not seen, or been provided with, a copy of the check-in report which was done when I moved in... How would this work with the check-out that is to be done when I move out? For example, if I have not seen or agreed to the check-in report then what would happen if the LL wanted to deduct money from my deposit for damage etc?

I feel comfortable that no damage has been caused, but am just worried that I never actually received or agreed to the check-in report. :(

I would greatly appreciate your comments and thoughts on this

Thanks,
S.

mind the gap
08-03-2009, 19:38 PM
Just a quick question as I am about to give notice to end my tenancy agreement using a standard break clause in my AST.

My concern is that I have not seen, or been provided with, a copy of the check-in report which was done when I moved in... How would this work with the check-out that is to be done when I move out? For example, if I have not seen or agreed to the check-in report then what would happen if the LL wanted to deduct money from my deposit for damage etc?

I feel comfortable that no damage has been caused, but am just worried that I never actually received or agreed to the check-in report. :(

I would greatly appreciate your comments and thoughts on this

Thanks,
S.

You should either have been present at the check-in, or been given a copy of the detailed inventory very shortly afterwards to read, check and agree by signing it, that you were happy with it.

If LL has not done this, he does not have a leg to stand on if there is any dispute over damages at a later stage, i.e. when you leave.

Presumably your deposit is in a scheme, so if LL does not agree to return your deposit in full, contest this through the scheme arbitration service.

slc1978
08-03-2009, 19:50 PM
You should either have been present at the check-in, or been given a copy of the detailed inventory very shortly afterwards to read, check and agree by signing it, that you were happy with it.

If LL has not done this, he does not have a leg to stand on if there is any dispute over damages at a later stage, i.e. when you leave.

Presumably your deposit is in a scheme, so if LL does not agree to return your deposit in full, contest this through the scheme arbitration service.
Thanks Mind the Gap! I remember the check in clerk was there finishing up when we arrived to move in, but we were certainly not part of the process in any way.

The clerk also mentioned something about us receiving a report but we never received it. My wife even asked the LL for it once, but again it was never provided.