PDA

View Full Version : Removing tenant on month to month agreement

data
08-02-2009, 19:40 PM
Your help and advice on this forum is much appreciated. I have a tenant who’s 6 month AST just ran out and is refusing to sing another one, saying that they want to move out but haven’t found a place yet. In case things get sticky, how can I get them removed? Do I have to give 2 months notice if it’s a monthly contractual agreement?
Many thanks

jta
08-02-2009, 19:52 PM
That's right, two months from you, one month from the tenant.

PaulF
08-02-2009, 22:20 PM
I have a tenant who’s 6 month AST just ran out and is refusing to sing another one Would the cost to them be a tenor?

Preston
08-02-2009, 22:36 PM
Your help and advice on this forum is much appreciated. I have a tenant who’s 6 month AST just ran out and is refusing to sing another one, saying that they want to move out but haven’t found a place yet. In case things get sticky, how can I get them removed? Do I have to give 2 months notice if it’s a monthly contractual agreement?
Many thanks

Hi

Just as a matter of interest, why don't you just allow them to stay as long as they want and then market the property? Wouldn't this maximise your occupancy? I'm interested just to hear how other people view this issue.

Preston

jeffrey
08-02-2009, 23:40 PM
That's right, two months from you, one month from the tenant.

Not quite right.
Assume rent due monthly in advance.
FROM L: at least two months
FROM T: at least one month
BUT, in each case, the period then runs on until after the end of a tenancy month. It's not necessarily a nice, tidy 'two months/one month'!

data
09-02-2009, 00:26 AM
Hi

Just as a matter of interest, why don't you just allow them to stay as long as they want and then market the property? Wouldn't this maximise your occupancy? I'm interested just to hear how other people view this issue.

Preston

I would like to move back in to the property, but currently i'm a teanat with 2 months left on an AST - would like to add a break clause in the next AST to allow me to move back in my house when the tenant moves out - but point taken, normaly I would allow them to stay there to maximse occupancy.