PDA

View Full Version : Question in respect of leak from neighbourg flat

u_danae
05-02-2009, 11:14 AM
I have moved in a flat as tenant in which there is history of leaks coming from the above flat. I am considering taking out some insurance for the contents of my flat but I am a bit confused as to whether this would cover damages from leaks caused by the above flat. It seems to me that it only covers theft or damages caused by problems in my own flat.... Would my insurer pay me for the damage or does it have to be the insurance from the above flat (which I understand does not conprise content insurance. There is only an insurance for the whole building taken out by all the landlords).

Any ideas would be mostly welcome!

Paul Gibbs
05-02-2009, 11:23 AM
I have moved in a flat as tenant in which there is history of leaks coming from the above flat. I am considering taking out some insurance for the contents of my flat but I am a bit confused as to whether this would cover damages from leaks caused by the above flat. It seems to me that it only covers theft or damages caused by problems in my own flat.... Would my insurer pay me for the damage or does it have to be the insurance from the above flat (which I understand does not conprise content insurance. There is only an insurance for the whole building taken out by all the landlords).

Any ideas would be mostly welcome!

Should be covered by the buildings insurance