PDA

View Full Version : Flat above's tenant causes nuisance- what can I do?

Seany10
04-02-2009, 13:16 PM
I live in a purpose built block and the woman in the flat above me is become a nuisance. Playing music all day long (so we can't hear the TV) including late at night and early in the morning. She also keeps chucking books out of the window where the cars are and have even hit our flat window on the way down.

What if she decides to chuck a book out of the window one day and hits one of my girls on the head?

Whats the best thing to do? Keep a diary and then report it to the managing agents?

Thanks again.

Mrs Jones
04-02-2009, 13:21 PM
1. Complain to your Landlord. You keep mentioning managing agents, but your contract is with your Landlord.
2. Complain to the Environmental Health Dept at your local council - they have procedures and will tell you how they can help. You will need to note down times etc. etc.
3. Bearing in mind your other problems, would you not be best to find somewhere else to live? It sounds pretty awful where you are!

Seany10
04-02-2009, 13:27 PM
I am seriously considering moving. Its just the whole trying to raise a months rent up front and possibly 6 weeks deposit. Let alone the agency fee's if I don't go private.

I've complained to my LL but I think he's past the stage of caring. He's had some unfortunate circumstances happen lately so feel he's lost all interest in the flat.

I'll speak to environmental health when they call me about the leak. Hopefully they can help.

Thanks for the advice!

Mrs Jones
04-02-2009, 13:32 PM
He is probably having difficulty resolving your leak problem.
Might be worth you looking for a private letting rather than through an agent - I believe there are some good sites which some of the landlords on here use to let their properties. Perhaps you could post a question for advice on where to look for properties in your area. Anyway, best of luck.

jeffrey
04-02-2009, 14:16 PM
I live in a purpose built block and the woman in the flat above me is become a nuisance. Playing music all day long (so we can't hear the TV) including late at night and early in the morning. She also keeps chucking books out of the window where the cars are and have even hit our flat window on the way down.

What if she decides to chuck a book out of the window one day and hits one of my girls on the head?

Whats the best thing to do? Keep a diary and then report it to the managing agents?
Your L is himself probably a leaseholder of the flat. Make him complain to the reversioner (direct- not via its Managing Agent).