PDA

View Full Version : Gas fire quote

magic.genie
03-02-2009, 09:13 AM
Quote from contractor:
<To supply and fit a Free standing Gas Fire, to include a flue check etc. - £394.00 + Vat. >
Can anyone advise if this is right? I have a 2 bed terraced house needing a new gas fire for my tenants.
hope to hear from you
best regards
Alex

MetropolitanAnthony
03-02-2009, 10:43 AM
The quote sounds ok to me. Check your hearth measurements and construction since electric fires, gas fires, solid fuel fires and "open hole" fires all have differing requirements for hearths. For example an electric fire only needs a hearth made of MDF but this same hearth would be illegal for a gas fire.

You may also need to have the gas safety check repeated since it sounds like you are installing a new gas appliance and this installation may invalidate any previous check you have had done.

Sorrel
03-02-2009, 11:04 AM
Quote from contractor:
<To supply and fit a Free standing Gas Fire, to include a flue check etc. - £394.00 + Vat. >
Can anyone advise if this is right? I have a 2 bed terraced house needing a new gas fire for my tenants.
hope to hear from you
best regards
Alex

Yeah, that doesn't sound too bad depending on the type and design of the fire

P.Pilcher
03-02-2009, 11:17 AM
Yes: The quote is about what I would expect to pay. As it is being installed (I asume) by a Corgi registered gas fitter, he should issue a certificate of installation confirming that the installation complies with Corgi regulations. This should suffice for a Corg landlord's certificate for the first year.
What I then do, if there are other gas appliances in the house is to get a Corgi certificate for all appliances issued when the others come up for renewal, then if my regular Corgi man finds anything he doesn't like about the new installation, I can get it fixed while the new appliance is still on warranty!
But then a new fire would normally have been installed by my regular Corgi man anyway.

P.P.

magic.genie
04-02-2009, 09:49 AM
Thanks everyone for replies.
brgds
Alex