View Full Version : Which solicitor do you use as a Landlord?

03-02-2009, 09:28 AM
Please can you recommend a good solicitor that you have used and trust. With the obvious credentials: knows the in's and outs of the law, very experienced and knows how to write persuasive letters/emails etc..

I think its vital to have a good solicitor. And would like to hear from those who can recommend theirs.

I know there are several experts on these forums and I am certainly not discounting them, but I thought I'd pool around first.

Thanks in advance

03-02-2009, 12:23 PM
Err........try the box to the right of every page and click on the icon "Pain Smith". Both Marveen Smith and her son David Smith are excellent.

03-02-2009, 12:34 PM
I think that the usual advice given on this topic is that there are solicitors and solicitors. A "general purpose" solicitor who is used to helping clients with criminal law, family law and of course the conveyancing of properties sometimes is not fully conversant with landlord/tenant law. You are therefore recommended to seek advice from the legal professionals who post here - particularly our topic experts and our advertisers. The latter only advertise here as they ARE experts who specialise in this field and will thus, like our topic experts, be able to give you the best possible service. It is also important to remember that such a solicitor does not have to have his offices in the vicinity of the client or the property concerned.


03-02-2009, 14:33 PM
Thank you gentlemen