PDA

View Full Version : cheeky tenants

Oddjob
20-01-2009, 19:50 PM
HELP
My tenant signed contract and agreed to move in on an agreed date with myself. Because I was going to be out of the area days before and after plus they said they could only arrange transport for some furniture 4 days before, I gave them the keys. On my return a neighbour told me they had moved in 4 days before we agreed, which when asked about, the tenant admitted to.
I am about to serve a S21 to end contract but now unsure about date to end, as in will it stand up in court, I have read judges are particular about dates.
6 month AST states 10th, so technically ends 9th BUT moved in 6th should end 5th.
If this goes to court for eviction, as I suspect, will a judge throw it out on a technicality?
Can anyone help?

mind the gap
20-01-2009, 19:57 PM
HELP
My tenant signed contract and agreed to move in on an agreed date with myself. Because I was going to be out of the area days before and after plus they said they could only arrange transport for some furniture 4 days before, I gave them the keys. On my return a neighbour told me they had moved in 4 days before we agreed, which when asked about, the tenant admitted to.
I am about to serve a S21 to end contract but now unsure about date to end, as in will it stand up in court, I have read judges are particular about dates.
6 month AST states 10th, so technically ends 9th BUT moved in 6th should end 5th.
If this goes to court for eviction, as I suspect, will a judge throw it out on a technicality?
Can anyone help?

Have they paid any rent for the extra 4 days (when they moved in early)?

Oddjob
20-01-2009, 20:31 PM
They are behind in payments aswell as some other problems

P.Pilcher
20-01-2009, 22:22 PM
The judge will be interested on dates he can verify which are those on your tenancy agreement. Your S21 notice period should agree with those dates.

P.P.