PDA

View Full Version : help...wrongly accused of property damage!

jade76
19-01-2009, 22:57 PM
hi all,
I have a quick question, I have a situation. Im a tenant in a duplex. The neighbor next to us and I have had SERIOUS dog issues with each others dogs in the past. As of recent our dogs got into a fight. The landlord was notified and that was that. So I thought at least. Today I get a letter in the mail from my landlord stating that my neighbor claims my dogs have damaged the security doors of my neighbors property, and that I am being requested to replace them.....My dogs didnt do it and its actually his word against mine. However, the doors next door are damaged and the landlord thinks our dogs have done this. What can I do besides appeal this and what rights does she have against us If she doesnt beleive us? Can she just simply deduce this amount out of our security deposits?

mind the gap
19-01-2009, 23:26 PM
hi all,
I have a quick question, I have a situation. Im a tenant in a duplex. The neighbor next to us and I have had SERIOUS dog issues with each others dogs in the past. As of recent our dogs got into a fight. The landlord was notified and that was that. So I thought at least. Today I get a letter in the mail from my landlord stating that my neighbor claims my dogs have damaged the security doors of my neighbors property, and that I am being requested to replace them.....My dogs didnt do it and its actually his word against mine. However, the doors next door are damaged and the landlord thinks our dogs have done this. What can I do besides appeal this and what rights does she have against us If she doesnt beleive us? Can she just simply deduce this amount out of our security deposits?

Are you in the UK, or the USA/Canada?

jeffrey
20-01-2009, 10:54 AM
Are you in the UK, or the USA/Canada?
Better:
jade76, are you in:
a. England/Wales; or
b. somewhere else?

mind the gap
20-01-2009, 11:03 AM
Better:
jade76, are you in:
a. England/Wales; or
b. somewhere else?

OK, logical, logical.

Or, better still: Jade76, where do you live?

jeffrey
20-01-2009, 11:10 AM
There are duplexes [duplices?] in E&W, even though that's not a common term for them!

mind the gap
20-01-2009, 11:13 AM
There are duplexes [duplices?] in E&W, even though that's not a common term for them!

Hmmm, yes. That's true. I was also drawn by 'neighbor', Holmes.

OP seems to have got bored with us and our amateur sleuthing anyway!

Possible answer to our question : in the dog-house