PDA

View Full Version : Landlord not paid mortgage-in Receivership

alidav
16-01-2009, 08:56 AM
Hi

Can anybody advise me on the following. I moved into my house December 2007 and initially the rental was dealt with by a local estate agent in North Devon. Then after a couple of months I was told the rent should be paid to an agent nearer to where the landlord lives in South Devon and then now I pay my landlord direct. I'm on housing benefit and top up. Just before last xmas I got a letter saying the house is int he hands of the Receivers due to him not paying the rent. My deposit is safe as it's in a scheme. The bulk of the rent is paid direct by housing and I pay the top up online but it occured to me that I am effectively paying off his arrears because obviously the rent I paid the landlord (£625pcm) would allow for agents fees etc.

What I want to know is, is there anyway of finding out what the actual mortgage repayments are and can I just pay that amount? I spoke to the Receivers as soon as I got the letter last November and they said the Mortgage company would be happy as long as they receive enough to cover the mortgage but theyre now saying they don't recall suggesting that.

I love this house but no I need to find another place but as I'm on benefits, have a 12yr old child and pets things look a little grim.

jta
16-01-2009, 14:08 PM
The Receivers may well be working with your LL to try and help him get back into a solvent situation, I think you should continue as you are until you have clear and legal instructions to do otherwise.

alidav
16-01-2009, 14:11 PM
Thank you for that, I will do.