PDA

View Full Version : Fire alarm

mantisking
10-12-2008, 05:15 AM
Does anyone know if I can sue the landlords for having a faulty fire alarm that goes off about 12 times a week every week at all hours. I have been living here for about 6 months and this seems to be the norm around here. The place is for senoirs and they mostly ignore the alarm which is very loud and the fire department is always here. Pleas let me know who I can contact in dallas texas to sue

red40
10-12-2008, 07:25 AM
J R Ewing?

Mrs Jones
10-12-2008, 07:27 AM
Dallas, Texas - my my!!! Why would you think people on a website with a .co.uk suffix might be able to help you? We are a UK website for England and Wales - based problems.

I hope you get it sorted though!! I can imagine that it would be really annoying to have a fire alarm going off all the time.

thevaliant
10-12-2008, 07:58 AM
I also notice, aside from being in a completely different country that your question wasn't, "What is the best way to resolve this problem?" but "Who can I sue?"

Mrs Jones
10-12-2008, 08:14 AM
Well, he is American (I guess) and that is the culture there. Always someone to blame and sue.... Unfortunately, it is catching on here!!!

Bel
10-12-2008, 09:43 AM
Does anyone know if I can sue the landlords for having a faulty fire alarm that goes off about 12 times a week every week at all hours. I have been living here for about 6 months and this seems to be the norm around here. The place is for senoirs and they mostly ignore the alarm which is very loud and the fire department is always here. Pleas let me know who I can contact in dallas texas to sue

First step; write a letter of complaint to the landlord/management commitee. You haven't said that you have done this yet

Bel
10-12-2008, 09:45 AM
J R Ewing?

Bobby is more likely to be sympathetic :rolleyes:

jeffrey
10-12-2008, 10:41 AM
Bobby is more likely to be sympathetic :rolleyes:
But he's dead. Unless it was all a dream

jeffrey
10-12-2008, 10:41 AM
I also notice, aside from being in a completely different country that your question wasn't, "What is the best way to resolve this problem?" but "Who can I sue?"
Why not, "Whom can I sue?" anyway?