PDA

View Full Version : changing tennancy

mole
15-12-2005, 09:56 AM
i spoke to my landlord today about not paying the cash (that is not on agreement) he wants to change the tennancy,can she do this? i told him that i wouldnt sign and he has now told me that he will not renew the tennancy in febuary and he wants me out.does anyone know if i have to go through eviction process can i still get my deposit back?????
scared now and could do with any advice!!

P.Pilcher
15-12-2005, 10:04 AM
I do not believe that the tenancy agreement can be changed. If the landlord "wants you out" then that is his/her right I'm afraid, but to do so, a section 21 notice must be correctly issued giving you at least two months notice to end at or after the end of the fixed term in your lease. Only if this is done correctly can the landlord apply to the court to start the procedings to get a possession order. (another month). Don't forget that if the landlord does this then you will be liable for the costs of the court action, but he cannot commence action until the two months notice is up.

P.P.

Energise
15-12-2005, 10:04 AM
i spoke to my landlord today about not paying the cash (that is not on agreement) he wants to change the tennancy,can she do this?

He can offer a new one you can accept or refuse.

i told him that i wouldnt sign and he has now told me that he will not renew the tennancy in febuary

He does not need to it automatically will become a periodic tenancy when your current term ends.

and he wants me out.

Then he needs to follow the correct procedure.

does anyone know if i have to go through eviction process can i still get my deposit back?????

Has no impact on YOUR deposit.

scared now and could do with any advice!!

You will have at least 2 months after he serves notice to find somewhere else.