PDA

View Full Version : Two months notice... is that two calendar months or four weeks?

PatEx
12-12-2005, 16:24 PM
For example, if I have a two month notice period and handed in my notice on Sunday December 11, do I move out on Saturday February 11 (two calendar months) or Sunday February 12 (eight weeks)?

Your help much appreciated - again!

P.Pilcher
12-12-2005, 18:08 PM
What is the rental period of your lease? If it is a monthly one - i.e. you pay your rent every calendar month then the notice period is two calendar months. If you pay your rent weekly then I believe the notice period is 8 weeks. Your dates are wrong as only the month of February is precicely four weeks long - all the others are longer. If your notice period was 8 weeks then you yould be moving out earlier than Saturday, February 11th.

P.P.

Energise
12-12-2005, 18:54 PM
If you are in a Contractual periodic AST and your notice period is 2 months it would be the 11th.

If you are in a Fixed term AST there is no need to give notice to leave on the last day or before of that term.

If you are in a Statutory periodic AST you need to give a minimum of 1 months notice (if you pay rent monthly) ending on the last or first day of a rental period.