PDA

View Full Version : Court

Glitter
30-11-2005, 18:26 PM
Hi,

I have a landlord who is determined to take me to court to retrieve a further months rent as I did not give enough written notice.

Despite my attempts to resolve this before going to court, it seems she is utterly determined to take it to court no matter what.

I have absolutely no means of paying the requested amount as I am in substantial debt and currently without income.

I have now been notified by their solicitor that I will be charged the court fees plus interest on top of the £475 which will amount to £875 in total.

What am I to do when I have no means of paying in the first place?

Thanks.

MrShed
30-11-2005, 18:48 PM
Well, sorry and all that, but you should have done it properly first time round. You are basically asking us how you can get away with you having done something wrong....this is what the court is there for. It will, however, be difficult to have any kind of enforcement order against you if you have little cash, no job and no assets.

Energise
30-11-2005, 19:31 PM
"will amount to £875 in total"

Absolute garbage the court costs for that amount is if I remember correctly £50, solicitors costs cannot be added, there are sometimes a few other minor costs allowed.

Ask that solicitor to give you a break down of those costs, he's telling porkies.

RichieP
30-11-2005, 20:16 PM
I'll add to what Energise says. Go to court and explain your financial circumstances. Tell them you'll pay £3.00 per week, as that's all you can afford. They can't take what you don't have.

But do it properly next time.