View Full Version : Property insurance for BTL- where's best?

24-11-2005, 18:23 PM
Hi everyone

has anyone got any Buildings Insurance for their rented house lately?

I need to get Buildings Insurance for my 2 bed terraced rented house in manchester with one student in.

So far, 1 company £213, wouldn't mind paying less.

Many thanks for reading, hope to hear from you, kind regards


24-11-2005, 18:39 PM
Hi Alex,
I have just changed our landlords insurances to a much more competitive company. 2 bed terraced in Cheshire let to DSS tennant £136.13 p.a. Also, 3 bed semi in Cheshire paying an additional premium for 8 weeks of unoccupation whilst renovation works were carried out £207.
The Company is Elliott Garden based in Tyne & Wear. Tel: 0191 512 3541
If anyone knows of cheaper insurance please let me know.
Hope this helps.

24-11-2005, 19:06 PM
I use Rentguard (http://www.rentguard.org/) but via the RLA (http://www.rla.org.uk/rla.exe?input=../rla/scrp/insurance.htm) which gives a substantial discount (in fact that was the reason I originally joined the RLA, as the discounts I received covered their membership fee).

Rentguard seems good value; have never had to claim so can't comment on that side of things.

26-11-2005, 20:14 PM
Hi Lynette and Ericthelobster

many thanks for your help.

I ended up going with Rentgard (£135).

I've also asked them to include a flyer explaining their insurance policy that covers you if the house should be empty i.e. no rent being paid as well - sounds interesting, because I have 2 houses that I rent out, but the figures are very tight and I'd be in trouble without the rental incomes.


hope things are good with your houses, kind regards