PDA

View Full Version : Gas/electric company suitable to multiple accounts

Wickerman
24-11-2005, 10:37 AM
Does anybody know of a utility co (gas/elec) that has a team dedicated to multiple account holders? We currently pay the gas/elec/water bills for our student properties.

British Gas used to and we had migrated most of our accounts over to them - they have now gone and disbanded that team leaving us high and dry. After 40 minutes of waiting on hold I finally got through only to get cut off after 2 minutes speaking to them. >:(

Any help appreciated.

Incidentally, and as a postscript - any companies who outsource their call centres to far flung places and pass on the cost to me - through my time spent trying to get them to understand me - really get my goat.

I do not blame the people I speak too - its not their fault their company has gotten a contract through being cheaper than the UK alternative - just the greedy utility co for outsourcing to save money.

P.Pilcher
24-11-2005, 11:50 AM
Don't forget that when you are required to telephone an 0870 number to contact your favourite supplier, check it out on http://www.saynoto0870.com . They can sometimes provide a much cheaper geographic alternative.
Last time I tried them I was required to dial an 0870 number to renew my TV licence. Unfortunately, they did not have a geographic number ..... but did have an 0800 number for them! As you can imagine, they did not hang around answering this one and my TV licence was renewed PDQ!

P.P.

justaboutsane
24-11-2005, 12:13 PM
Thank you for posting this number again! I saw it a while back but then could not locate it! I have now addded it to my favourites!

My boss hates 0870 numbers and is forever discussing his hatred for them! Think I can make his day with this!