PDA

View Full Version : Tenants' gripes/grumbles/rants re bad landlords

icrecruitment@yahoo.co.uk
09-03-2005, 11:16 AM
I want to know if there is a section entitled 'landlords from hell' or some other variant whereby viewers can find out the tricks and histories of bad landlording.
ie. issues such as not repaying deposits at the end of tenancy agreements for irrelevant grounds, falsely accused allegations to ensuring speedy evictions etc...

I know that this sort of information is scattered about in the forums but want to know if there is a subsection which contains this and maybe more under one heading.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

Paul_f
09-03-2005, 18:03 PM
This rears its head now and again and is best left alone.

What you hope to gain from this is beyond me. Yes of course there are poor landlords, and poor tenants, and just about everybody knows somebody else who has come a cropper.

Forget it.....please! :(

Jennifer_M
09-03-2005, 18:12 PM
icrecruitment either you have a problem with your LL - in which case tell us what it is and maybe someone can give you some advice - or you don't have any problem with your LL - in which case why do you keep asking what's the worst a LL can come up with ??

jeffrey
09-11-2010, 17:07 PM
I note that the second-oldest thread in the TAKE A BREAK forum (dating back to way before TAKE A BREAK ever existed) deals with tenants' gripes/grumbles/rants re bad landlords. See; nothing's changed since March 2005!

mind the gap
09-11-2010, 17:08 PM
I note that the second-oldest thread in the TAKE A BREAK forum (dating back to way before TAKE A BREAK ever existed) deals with tenants' gripes/grumbles/rants re bad landlords. See; nothing's changed since March 2005! So why are we all here? :confused:

jeffrey
09-11-2010, 17:09 PM
That's a good question. Ask a philosopher?

mister observation
09-02-2011, 17:11 PM
I want to know if there is a section entitled 'landlords from hell' or some other variant whereby viewers can find out the tricks and histories of bad landlording.
ie. issues such as not repaying deposits at the end of tenancy agreements for irrelevant grounds, falsely accused allegations to ensuring speedy evictions etc...

I know that this sort of information is scattered about in the forums but want to know if there is a subsection which contains this and maybe more under one heading.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

Hello,

In response to your post I have been doing a lot of thinking, along with some friends, and think it is high time that there is a website, or web based data base that actually contains this kind of information.
Having been the victim of very bad landlords, I think that there are lots of people out there who would like such a resource.
I need to do lots of research, and if you would be happy to let us know some of your problems, or those of friends you have, it may yet grow to be one of the most important pieces of information on the web.
Sorry I can't help you with your won request specifically, however feel free to contact me any time. What do you think?
Steve

jeffrey
09-02-2011, 17:19 PM
I think that the fabled 'bad L'/'bad T' database has been discussed ad nauseam on LZ.

theartfullodger
09-02-2011, 17:39 PM
dear icerecuirment ... could you please kindly let us know who you really are??? - so we can be sure we are dealing with a real grievance....

Cheers!

Artful..

http://omgili.com/Bad-Landlords

http://omgili.com/user%3A%22icrecruitment%4040yahoo.co.uk%22

IceRecruitment Ltd.
34a Station Road
Cuffley
Hertfordshire
EN6 4HE

ICE RECRUITMENT LIMITED
39 WALKER GROVE
HATFIELD BUSINESS PARK
HATFIELD
HERTFORDSHIRE
AL10 9PL
Company No. 06590801

http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/archive/index.php/t-100.html

leaseholdanswers
09-02-2011, 17:40 PM
I think that the fabled 'bad L'/'bad T' database has been discussed ad nauseam on LZ.

As has the bad tenant register!

For the OP and "steve" I suspect that you may be
-freelance producers doing "lazy" research,
-perhaps an ambulance chasing solcitor seeking an inadvertant reference to a company or person to extort money
-a despicable leech trying to get individuals to part with personal information

If you were truly interested, you would put in some effort, look through the threads and contribute.
You would understand too that this is a place to vent, but also to learn, support and help each other ( as well as have a good natured squabble from time to time!).

Snorkerz
09-02-2011, 19:13 PM
In response to your post I have been doing a lot of thinking, along with some friends,I can imagine you and your friends got a lot of thinking done in the 6 hours between your post and the original. Are you available for a middle-east peace confrence next week?

mind the gap
09-02-2011, 19:17 PM
I can imagine you and your friends got a lot of thinking done in the 6 hours between your post and the original. Are you available for a middle-east peace confrence next week?

Six hours! More like six years, surely? icerecruitment's post was in March 2005. He could have been married and divorced, with six kids by now, or living on the Costa del Crime.

leaseholdanswers
09-02-2011, 20:08 PM
A similar email crops up in the office and central HQ spam filter from time to time...likely phishing exercise

mind the gap
09-02-2011, 21:16 PM
A similar email crops up in the office and central HQ spam filter from time to time...likely phishing exercise

What office? What central HQ? What are you on about (again!)?

Please try to remember that although we try hard to make sense of your incoherence, we don't have the same stuff in our heads as you do. Give us a clue.

kittikat
09-02-2011, 23:59 PM
Great reading this thread has made me hungry ... hmmm SPAM me thinks :rolleyes:

leaseholdanswers
10-02-2011, 10:22 AM
What office? What central HQ? What are you on about (again!)?

Please try to remember that although we try hard to make sense of your incoherence, we don't have the same stuff in our heads as you do. Give us a clue.

Companies with offices and headquarters and spam filters that get several hundred spam emails a week.

But then teachers don't have real jobs with such things and I should have known that you would not understand.

Hence another great example from the teachers standard response book to children that they would rather not have in the class.

mind the gap
10-02-2011, 13:12 PM
Companies with offices and headquarters and spam filters that get several hundred spam emails a week. So why the definite article in your original phrasing? It makes it sound as though we should know what you're on about - as though you've mentioned them before (when you haven't and we don't). It's called deixis. Look it up.

But then teachers don't have real jobs with such things and I should have known that you would not understand. What you fail to grasp (sadly) is that it is not just I who do not understand some of your more obscure, rambling posts. I am the only one who takes the time to point them out to you, though. You should be thanking me rather than being emptily insulting, like a little Year 9 boy to whoever ends up next to him on the bus.

Hence another great example from the teachers standard response book to children that they would rather not have in the class Yawn....and you still haven't booked that counselling you need to help you with your fear of teachers!

leaseholdanswers
10-02-2011, 13:19 PM
[QUOTE=mind the gap;281435
Yawn....[/QUOTE]

Did somebody say something? Must be the wind.

jeffrey
10-02-2011, 13:29 PM
Did somebody say something? Must be the wind.
So reduce intake of baked beans, onions, etc.
It's not the house that you own- it's the flat you lent.

11-02-2011, 15:26 PM
Here some think to get your Teeth into

http://www.rateorhateyourlandlord.com/

or not !

kittikat
11-02-2011, 23:08 PM
45002 have you seen how many threats your protection systems pick up from that sight??? Surely Data Protection would be the same for a Bad LL Database as a Bad T Database which I know has been discussed before

12-02-2011, 00:06 AM
45002 have you seen how many threats your protection systems pick up from that sight??? Surely Data Protection would be the same for a Bad LL Database as a Bad T Database which I know has been discussed before

I had no problem viewing the site