PDA

View Full Version : haunted

househunter
16-07-2008, 11:52 AM
Have to tell you this.....couldn't believe it!

My tenant complained to me last night that the property she rents from me is haunted. I personally don't believe in ghosts, I think its in her imagination but I don't understand exactly why she is complaining to me about it and what she expects me to do about it. Apparently I should have informed her about a ghost before she took tenancy!

I researched the history of the property before I bought it a few years ago but how was I meant to know it was haunted??

I'm going to tell her I'm not responsible for ghosts as they are not listed on the itinerary and is therefore a free extra and if she wants to get the Ghostbusters round she can do that at her own expense!:D

islandgirl
16-07-2008, 11:55 AM
what a fantastic story - I haven't had that particular one before!
Can you charge her extra for the ghost? Brilliant!

jeffrey
16-07-2008, 12:05 PM
Can you charge her extra for the ghost? Brilliant!
Only if you have it inspectred; then the rent can be wraithed (and you'll have them by the ghoulies).

mind the gap
16-07-2008, 12:42 PM
Train a whole gang of owls to fly in through the window to deliver your letters to her. That'll really freak her out.

(Can't remember the collective noun for owls, but anyone who can, wins the dead rat left over from the last competition - see 'Surprising things done by tenants' thread)

davidjpowell
16-07-2008, 13:22 PM
We were concerned about this when moving to an old house with my then 8 year old step-son. We produced a Ghost busters certificate for him stating that no ghost activity had been found! - Worked a treat!

Not sure what you can do about a real ghost or phsycic / pshychotic tenant though! Perhaps call a priest in or suggest the T calls the priest?

David

Mrs Dingle
16-07-2008, 13:45 PM
Maybe you need an exorcist!

I am an exorcist.

Well, thats what my friends call me.

They reckon I don't leave their houses until all the spirits are gone!!:D

jeffrey
16-07-2008, 13:56 PM
Aha, the exorcise must be doing you good.

Mrs Dingle
16-07-2008, 14:00 PM
I'm 40% fit!! To Scotch the rumour that I'm not.

househunter
16-07-2008, 15:34 PM
To be fair I thought her complaint fell a bit outside my obligations as a Landlord considering she doesnt abide by many of her obligations as a tenant.

I honestly think she just likes to complain about anything. I mean she's complained when certain things need maintenance but then also complains if she is distrubed when I send a workman round to attend to it!

jta
16-07-2008, 16:19 PM
Hi Mrs Dingle, do you know my friend Jack Daniels?:p

islandgirl
16-07-2008, 16:46 PM
Tell her it's the ghost of a previous tenant who did not abide by their AST who has come to warn her.....

Mrs Dingle
16-07-2008, 17:37 PM
quote :- Hi Mrs Dingle, do you know my friend Jack Daniels?:

Yes, very well. I consult jack all the time .All my good idea's came from him!

Unfortunately all my bad one's too.:D

Just had one! An idea that is. Has OP's tenant been possessed!

jeffrey
17-07-2008, 10:19 AM
quote :- Hi Mrs Dingle, do you know my friend Jack Daniels?:

Yes, very well. I consult jack all the time .All my good idea's came from him!

Unfortunately all my bad one's too.:D

Just had one! An idea that is. Has OP's tenant been possessed!

No, just re-possessed.

mye01
02-08-2008, 15:41 PM
i guess i am used to hearing scary ghost/spirits stories..my sister has a "third eye" so she shes lot of those stuff..i dont remember a house or a place she has not seen one..too bad. i have to deal with it..:D

jeffrey
03-08-2008, 13:26 PM
i guess i am used to hearing scary ghost/spirits stories..my sister has a "third eye" so she shes lot of those stuff..i dont remember a house or a place she has not seen one..too bad. i have to deal with it..:D
Perhaps her eye is a capital I (unlike all yours)?

Lawcruncher
03-08-2008, 22:54 PM
The tenant should be reminded about the clause in the agreement against sharing occupation.

jeffrey
04-08-2008, 08:36 AM
The tenant should be reminded about the clause in the agreement against sharing occupation.
I'm not sure that spiritual possession is a breach!

PI Guy
06-08-2008, 18:58 PM
i have a sister that has similar delusions

sassygirl
08-08-2008, 17:36 PM
i hope this wont happen to us, i mean we will be moving out next month for a big renovation..were looking for apartments/condo now..i dont want to have ghostly encounters..please!!!:D