PDA

View Full Version : Mindless Estate Agent descriptions - "Ideal for first time buyers"

mikelund04
13-11-2005, 23:20 PM
Why does every property under 200,000 seem to have the mandatory "Ideal for first time buyers" statement. What does it actually mean, em....that it's on the cheaper end of the market!
How stupid do estate agents thinks people are? If someone is capable of affording a mortgage they can decide for themselves if it's 'IDEAL'.

MrShed
13-11-2005, 23:28 PM
Troll me up

davidjohnbutton
13-11-2005, 23:56 PM
It always makes me laugh when I see "Confidentially on the market" - how the red stuff in your veins hell can it be confidential when it is blared out for all to see in the local newspaper?

dazalock
14-11-2005, 10:07 AM
DJB please dont feed the trolls. :)

lawstudent
14-11-2005, 17:59 PM
How stupid do estate agents thinks people are?Indeed. How stupid does they thinks we is?

PaulF
14-11-2005, 23:28 PM
Try writing a different description for several properties when they are all the same type!

It's the most boring in the world. Obvious statement include:-

"the property benefits from..................." (A property is inanimate so cannot benefit from anything - only the occupants can derive any benefit!).

"sought-after area" (means other people already have decided they like to live there!)

"early viewing recommended" (we can't think of anything else to say which might make you want to view!)

"we're proud to offer......." (if your property doesn't have this tag then it's very run-of-the-mill)

"offers tremendous potential" (you need to throw pots of money at it before it's even habitable)

and so it goes on.............

I have to say Ideal FTB is a no brainer!

lawstudent
15-11-2005, 07:49 AM
Actually, "sought-after" means nobody can find it. A "stunning" property has low door-frames. "Quietly located" means on a bleak moor miles from transport and shops. "Convenient for transport and shops" means above an all-night take-away sandwiched between a railway line and a motorway, and an "imaginative open-plan conversion" has a WC in the middle of the kitchen floor.

mjpl
15-11-2005, 09:16 AM
Lawstudent, stop publishing our jealously guarded secrets!

Jennifer_M
15-11-2005, 10:09 AM
Actually in my experience a "sought after area" is an area sought after by low income families.