PDA

View Full Version : Giving Notice to Evict

linus
05-11-2005, 11:09 AM
I'm not sure how i go about giving notice to my tennants.
Thay have been in the property for 15 months have never been a problem and always paid their rent on time.
The only reason we need them to leave isd that my partner and i are splitting up and need to sell the property to split the equity.
I'd like to keep it amicable but also need to ensure that they understand the urgency.
Do i need to involve a solicitor or can i give them a written letter form myself and partner?

dazalock
05-11-2005, 16:48 PM
Please do a search for s21 or section 21 on this forum. If you are still confused, post back and include details of how your tenancy is setup, i.e. start and end dates, someone will be happy to help. :D

MrShed
05-11-2005, 18:38 PM
- When did the tenancy start. Is it now outside of the AST fixed term(likely but not definite). When is your rent payment date each month.

Basically you will have to give them 2 months notice via a Section 21 notice.

PaulF
06-11-2005, 20:43 PM
Linus. It's better to know how to land an aeroplane before you learn to take off!

P.Pilcher
06-11-2005, 23:42 PM
Paul - I couldn't agree more, but I hate to point out that my opposition, Mr. Wright had to get his aeroplane airborne before he could try and find out how to land it.

Sorry - I have to remember my namesake when flying points come up!

Percy Pilcher

MrWoof
07-11-2005, 16:55 PM
Any landing you walk away from is a good one. (RAF adage).