PDA

View Full Version : Rental Queries

Mark T
28-10-2005, 14:00 PM
As a landlord I believe I have the right to state no pets to be kept in the property but I have been advised that I should not "unreasonably" refuse the tenants to keep pets. Is this correct?

I also have some tenants who are renting a three bedroom house. When they moved in they said they would have children living there but I have noticed they have a fourth child living there aswell. How should I approach the tenant?

I also have another query regarding inventories. What is the best method of creating an inventory? Hand written or video?

Thanks for replies

dazalock
28-10-2005, 15:26 PM
On the subject of pets

http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=962&highlight=pets

On the subject of Children, what are your concerns here, or are you just peeved that they did not inform you?

On the Subject of the inventory, a written inventory which can be signed by both parties is desirable, which can be backed up with photograpic or video evidence. You dont HAVE to have a inventory at all, but you wont be able to claim any delapadations at the end of the tenancy if you have not completed a inventory with which the tenant agrees.

Mark T
28-10-2005, 16:16 PM
On the subject of pets

http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=962&highlight=pets

On the subject of Children, what are your concerns here, or are you just peeved that they did not inform you?

On the Subject of the inventory, a written inventory which can be signed by both parties is desirable, which can be backed up with photograpic or video evidence. You dont HAVE to have a inventory at all, but you wont be able to claim any delapadations at the end of the tenancy if you have not completed a inventory with which the tenant agrees.

It's not the biggest three bedroom house, and I'm worried about overcrowding in the property. The tenant said there would be only three children in the property at the start.

MrWoof
28-10-2005, 16:26 PM
At least the tenants must be happy there to have had more children. Seriously though, if you are worried about overcrowding, phone your local housing office and ask them for their guidelines. Four children in a three bedroom house is definitely acceptable.