PDA

View Full Version : Cannot let-out rooms though rent is below mkt. level

confused_landlord
23-04-2008, 16:43 PM
I let rooms. I have checked out many other sites to compare. My room is priced substantially lower than comparable ones in the area. Yet, I cant even get a viewing. What am I missing?

attilathelandlord
23-04-2008, 16:45 PM
Number one, are your details correct on your ad? Nothing like waiting for the phone to ring only to find the number is wrong?!

Is the area a desirable one?

Things seem a bit quiet at the moment, should pick up june when a lot of people have done their six months.

confused_landlord
23-04-2008, 16:46 PM
Can I ask if landlords have been reducing or increasing rents lately? what location.

caroline7758
23-04-2008, 17:24 PM
Are you prepared to take tenants who are on Housing Benefit? If so,have you contacted your local council or bond scheme? They may even offer you incentives to take their clients, depends where you are.

Poppy
25-04-2008, 15:21 PM
What area/town is your property located in? How and where have you been advertising? Are you trying to attract workers or students? Is your property close to large institutions such as a hospital, university, nuclear power station? Does demand outstrip supply for your kind of property?

For my properties, the rents I demand tend to be at the higher end of average. Kept rents static for three years.

confused_landlord
29-04-2008, 09:15 AM
Where is the best place to advertise for flats in the docklands?

Poppy
29-04-2008, 17:06 PM
I advertise rooms on the following websites:

spareroom.co.uk
accommodationforstudents.com

You say you "can't get a viewing, what am I missing?". The members may be better able to assist if you answer my questions please.

confused_landlord
30-04-2008, 13:52 PM
I advertise rooms on the following websites:

spareroom.co.uk
accommodationforstudents.com

You say you "can't get a viewing, what am I missing?". The members may be better able to assist if you answer my questions please.

By 'cant get a viewing' I mean I dont have people emailing me to request to see the property. If they viewed the room and disliked it I could understand, but right now people dont even enquire about it or ask to see it. It is very competitively priced.

Also, I tried advertising in a certain website where I have previously got good results, but lately I have found it impossible to post there. I keep getting an error message. I even paid for a 'featured ad' and it does not appear and people at the site have not responded to my emails requesting I get the featured ad I paid for.

will try accommodationforstudents.com