View Full Version : Rent Book statutory information

23-04-2008, 09:37 AM
Is there still a requirement for statutory info to be issued with a rent book? (Assured tenancy)

What is it? Links/info welcomed.
I've seen a list of required stuff, but am not sure about what would be sufficient or too much. Is the following necessary?

If you have an assured tenancy or an assured agricultural occupancy you have certain rights under the Housing Act 1988. These include the right not to be evicted from your home unless your landlord gets a possession order from the courts. Unless the property is let under an assured shorthold tenancy, the courts can only grant an order on a limited number of grounds. Further details regarding assured tenancies are set out publications. These booklets are available from rent officers, council offices and housing aid centres, some of which also give advice.

You may be entitled to get help to pay your rent and rates through the housing benefit scheme. Apply to your local council for details.

It is a criminal offence for your landlord to evict you without an order from the court or to harass you or interfere with your possessions or use of facilities in order to force you to leave.

If your are in any doubt about your legal rights or obligations, particularly if your landlord has asked you to leave, you should go to a Citizens' Advice Bureau, housing aid centre, law centre or solicitor. Help with all or part of the cost of legal advice from a solicitor may be available under the Legal Aid Scheme These entries must be kept up-to-date.

(I'm too tight to actually buy one)

23-04-2008, 14:02 PM
Rent book required ONLY on weekly-rent residential letting: s.4 of LTA 1985.
Even that does not apply if rent includes significant element for board (undefined, but equals food/servicing/cleaning/etc.)