PDA

View Full Version : Tenancy Deposit Protection Questionnaire

thirtyb
19-04-2008, 21:03 PM
I am a mature student in the final year of an RICS accredited surveying degree. For my final dissertation my research is based on Tenancy Deposit Protection. My aim is to establish the success of the schemes and to determine who it is successful for landlord, tenant, managing agent or inventory clerks and who the scheme benefits the most.It will also look at the loop holes of the legislation and ways in which the scheme can be bypassed.
My primary research is by means of a short questionnaire to landlords and tenants but to date the response has been slim despite my work "in the business".

Please complete the questionnaire below (you can cut and paste it and email it to me at thirtyb4@yahoo.com.). I don't want your personal details, I don't want you to pay money into my bank just your view. The results will be used for my academic research only.

Thanks in advance.....

Landlord Questionnaire

Are you aware of the legal obligations regarding tenancy deposit protection?
(If you employ a managing agent or your letting agent deals with the deposit please note this in further comments.)
Yes/No

Further comments:

Have the costs involved with the registration and/or administration of the tenancy deposit scheme affected your rental income?
Yes/No/Don’t know

Further comments:

In your opinion do you think that the costs and increased administration are a deterrent to investors in the private rental market?
Yes/No/Don’t know

Further comments:

In your opinion, does tenancy deposit protection offer you, the landlord greater safeguards against rent arrears and damage to property?
Yes/No/Don’t know

Further comments:

In your opinion, will tenancy deposit protection improve the tenant/landlord relationship?
Yes/No/Don’t know

Further comments:

In your opinion do you think that tenancy deposit protection will improve the private rental market?
Yes/No/Don’t know

Further comments:

In your opinion do you think that tenancy deposit protection is/will be successful?
Yes/No/Don’t know

Further comments: