PDA

View Full Version : Would a LL rent to me ?

needahome
19-04-2008, 14:48 PM
OK heres my situation, the negatives,

I'm not working, on benefits, have no refrences and bad credit history.

the positives,

I have plenty of cash and can pay up front if needed, and I am not a "typical" person for the negatives out lined above, in that I am in my 30's and ex teacher who has been dealt a bad hand by life ( ad to give up work due to ill health). Also I am looking for a 1/2 bedroom flat in the oversupplied Manchester rental Market.

Would a LL be willing to take me on ?

If they did, would it be possible for me to avoid having to go through a letting agency ? I know that no-one like to pay the charges for the checks, but in my case doing the checks are pretty pointless.

If a LL did take me on and accepted 6 months up front, how do i safeguard myself if they are repossessed ? Afterall a LL might be tempted to take me on if he knew that he is about to have his property taken off him.

starlettings
19-04-2008, 19:37 PM
ill take you on in Liverpool if your paying 6 monts up front...no problem at all. As for the poss repo i'd let the bank worry about that and am sure you'd be able to stay put.

Colincbayley
20-04-2008, 08:00 AM
ill take you on in Liverpool if your paying 6 monts up front...no problem at all. As for the poss repo i'd let the bank worry about that and am sure you'd be able to stay put.

Be very, very wary of taking any advice from Starlettings!!

starlettings
20-04-2008, 10:07 AM
If any one wants to know why Colin has a chip on his shoulder, its to do with being a in-bread

Colincbayley
20-04-2008, 10:23 AM
If any one wants to know why Colin has a chip on his shoulder, its to do with being a in-bread

If anyone wants to know why Starlettings had all his previous posts deleted, it is because of various complaint made to the site moderator.
He did say he wouldn't be posting again, guess that is just another lie.
( I won't be replying to any more of his 'well thought out remarks'!

starlettings
20-04-2008, 10:27 AM
Colin stop talking rubbish, you dont even own your own house, and you pay your rent late.

sharemaster2
20-04-2008, 18:49 PM
OK heres my situation, the negatives,

I'm not working, on benefits, have no refrences and bad credit history.

the positives,

I have plenty of cash and can pay up front if needed, and I am not a "typical" person for the negatives out lined above, in that I am in my 30's and ex teacher who has been dealt a bad hand by life ( ad to give up work due to ill health). Also I am looking for a 1/2 bedroom flat in the oversupplied Manchester rental Market.

Would a LL be willing to take me on ?

If they did, would it be possible for me to avoid having to go through a letting agency ? I know that no-one like to pay the charges for the checks, but in my case doing the checks are pretty pointless.

If a LL did take me on and accepted 6 months up front, how do i safeguard myself if they are repossessed ? Afterall a LL might be tempted to take me on if he knew that he is about to have his property taken off him.

Hi there,

I have sent you a private email to help your situation!!

House
20-04-2008, 19:40 PM

From my experience I don't believe for a moment the bank would allow you to stay put. The bank will want to sell the property as soon as possible and would not want you in it. the bank will not want to become a party to the tenancy agreement in anyway or do anything that may mean they become the landlord (by accepting rent from you direct for example).

It would be pretty much impossible to safeguard yourself should you pay 6 months upfront.