PDA

View Full Version : Wording needed to amend AST to SAT

Magic
18-04-2008, 15:03 PM
As I have lived for many years in the house I'm renting out, I think that it would be better in my next tenancy is an SAT rather than an AST. My letting agent only normally deals in ASTs, so I'm trying to request him to amend his standard AST contract to an SAT.

Would the following be acceptable?

A clause at the beginning of the contract which states

"In accordance with paragraph 3 of Schedule 2A to the Housing Act 1988 this Agreement is not an Assured Shorthold Tenancy, but is a Standard Assured Tenancy with a Ground 1 Notice

In addition the deletion of any printed clause referring to:
i. letting being an AST; or
ii. the rights of L under s.21.

Please advise

BTW I think my spelling's OK - but I still can't find the Spell Checker Jeffrey referred to.

House
18-04-2008, 21:32 PM
How long is many years? between 1989 and 1997 a lot of SAT's were given out accidently which may mean you are still a SAT as the subsequent AST's don't mean didly as your SAT may never have been properly determined.

Magic
20-04-2008, 11:47 AM
I am the landlord and I have only been renting out my house since 2003. I lived in the house from 1993 until 2003 and now live abroad.

jeffrey
21-04-2008, 22:53 PM
As I have lived for many years in the house I'm renting out, I think that it would be better in my next tenancy is an SAT rather than an AST. My letting agent only normally deals in ASTs, so I'm trying to request him to amend his standard AST contract to an SAT.

Would the following be acceptable?

A clause at the beginning of the contract which states

"In accordance with paragraph 3 of Schedule 2A to the Housing Act 1988 this Agreement is not an Assured Shorthold Tenancy, but is a Standard Assured Tenancy with a Ground 1 Notice

In addition the deletion of any printed clause referring to:
i. letting being an AST; or
ii. the rights of L under s.21.

Please advise

BTW I think my spelling's OK - but I still can't find the Spell Checker Jeffrey referred to.

1. Yes, it seems OK.
2. No need to mention the g1 Notice, but you must of course serve it BEFORE letting property- otherwise it won't work.
3. Spellchecker facility is at top of LZ "Message" box, where it says 'ABC' over a tick.

Magic
23-04-2008, 12:49 PM
Thanks, Jeffrey!

Sorry to be so ignorant, but how is a ground one notice served (if not in the contract)?

Also I could be in a difficult situation if my letting agent didn't serve it at the right time??

(about spell checker ... don't bother to reply, but I've got a different display from you. Cannot see LD Message box anywhere. Above this message it has 'Reply to message' then 'Title' which I've left blank. Imediately at the top of this message are a number of formatting icons but no spellcheck one.)

jeffrey
23-04-2008, 13:41 PM
Ground 1 Notice is a form that you can download or buy.

(Spellcheck: are there not three icons to right at top of box in which you type your reply message?)

Magic
29-04-2008, 11:31 AM
Jeffrey - sorry a long time to reply but I don't get any prompt that I've had a reply.

I didn't know that the ground one notice was a form - thanks!

In terms of the display

Towards the write at the top of the box I have three icons 1 = hash sign, 2 = <> 3 = small piece of paper with letters PHP

On the line above to the far right I have a double upward arrow and below it a double downwards arrow. To the right of that there are two 'A's. Hovering over the last gives the option to 'Switch Editor Mode'

Regards

Magic

jeffrey
29-04-2008, 15:42 PM
Towards the write at the top of the box I have three icons 1 = hash sign, 2 = <> 3 = small piece of paper with letters PHP

On the line above to the far right I have a double upward arrow and below it a double downwards arrow. To the right of that there are two 'A's. Hovering over the last gives the option to 'Switch Editor Mode'
Just to the left of the double-arrow mentioned, is there not an ABC/tick thingy?