PDA

View Full Version : Tenants want to change rooms

alidee
18-04-2008, 12:33 PM
I have a 6 bed property which is now fully let. One couple who live in the property wish to move to another room as it has better facilities.They will still share the same communal facilities with the rest of the tenants except they will now have their own en-suite shower room and toilet.
They are only a few weeks into an AST of 6 months.They have paid a deposit on the original room and the deposit will probably be the same amount for the new room.
What do I need to do paperwork wise when they change rooms ?
Any answers gratefully received :D
Thanks

alidee
19-04-2008, 08:52 AM
No-one got any thoughts on this one ? :confused:
Alidee

P.Pilcher
19-04-2008, 09:58 AM
If their AST merely states the address, then there is no need to do anything, just agree a key swap to enablethem to change rooms.
If their AST actually names the room that they occupy, then one way is to - with their agreement - rip up the existing AST and issue a new one for the new room. As they are only a few weeks into their existing agreement, issuing a replacement won't make much difference to the fixed period to which they are entitled.

P.P.

jeffrey
21-04-2008, 22:46 PM
If their AST merely states the address, then there is no need to do anything, just agree a key swap to enablethem to change rooms.
If their AST actually names the room that they occupy, then one way is to - with their agreement - rip up the existing AST and issue a new one for the new room. As they are only a few weeks into their existing agreement, issuing a replacement won't make much difference to the fixed period to which they are entitled.

P.P.

I agree. However, remember than an AST- or any lease/letting, for that matter- is not 'movable'. If it specifies what is let, a new letting would be essential for a replacement property or room.

alidee
22-04-2008, 08:14 AM
Many thanks for your replies :)