PDA

View Full Version : Does Sec 21(1)b Still stand?

miss spooky
14-04-2008, 08:07 AM
Good morning,

I have looked thru previous posts to see if there is anything simular to my situation but can't find anything.

I've been in property for two years on a 6 mth AST renewed every time. Current ASt expires in May 25th (possession required after May 25th). When I received Sec 21 in March, I contacted LL as previous times to ask to renew contract for another 6 mths, he said this was fine will contact agants and advise them to send thru new contract.

Phoned him last week regarding a change of circumstances and he has now decided not to renew agreement (we've not received / signed new agreement) and said that sec 21 still stands therefore he requires property back after said date.

As agreement was only verbal & we've not signed new agreement is this correct?

Kindest.

Colincbayley
14-04-2008, 08:37 AM
A S.21 is only valid if issued without reservation. But how would you go about proving that your LL said you can stay on!!

miss spooky
14-04-2008, 08:45 AM
That's what I thought, that's something that can't be proven.

Many thanks.

jeffrey
14-04-2008, 09:55 AM
Yes. The oral indication that L was willing to grant new letting is not legally binding, for lack of consideration (even if he'd put it in writing, rather than leaving it unconfirmed). Only a new Agreement as such would bind L- sorry.

miss spooky
14-05-2008, 09:38 AM
Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help me. Been down council and filled out housing application. Just checking through paperwork ready to drop in today and noticed that Sec21 notice has my partners name wrong. His name is Lee and they have addressed S21 to Ian - surname is correct.

Is this notice invalid as far as he is concerned? I believe that the notice is correct as far as I am concerned as my details are correct? It is a joint tenancy, so S21 was issued to joint names.

Incedently I had notified the agent on a few occassions in the past about this. I haven't got a copy of my current agreement as I am waiting for them to post this out, to see if the name is wrong on that.

Any advise ASAP will be greatly approeciated.

Miss Spooky.