PDA

View Full Version : Local reference rents

caroline7758
03-03-2005, 12:47 PM
Is it possible to find out what the LLR for a particular area is?

PaulF
03-03-2005, 16:44 PM
Why not ask a few letting agents in the area? :cool:

Likelystory
03-03-2005, 20:18 PM
I am assuming you mean those set by the Rent officer (and used in Housing Benefit calculations? - which will differ wildly from any local agents valuation in my experience).
The only way I have managed to find this out is by having worked in the local HB unit so had a mate who could let me know.
If you have a number for your local rent officer, they are generally very helpful and might give you a rough idea.
(If you have previously asked for a pre-tenancy valuation then this will have the Rent Officer's telephone number on it).
You may also need to take into account that if you have a tenant who is single, childless, not disabled and under 25 then they will be bound be the 'single room' aspect of the Local reference Rent (which makes it even more restrictive!)

Hope this helps - let me know if I have confused rather than clarified!

SG@1977
11-03-2008, 18:16 PM
you can do a pretenancy determination form ( u get this one from local counsil) with the person who wants to rent.
the rent officer will tell u the evaluation, and u still have a choice to rent to the person or not..
its a veryh good thing.. cz u get an evaluation 4m counsil, as to hopw much they will pay, and incase the person will need to top up .

jeffrey
11-03-2008, 19:56 PM
you can do a pretenancy determination form ( u get this one from local counsil) with the person who wants to rent.
the rent officer will tell u the evaluation, and u still have a choice to rent to the person or not..
its a veryh good thing.. cz u get an evaluation 4m counsil, as to hopw much they will pay, and incase the person will need to top up .
SG@1977: Cannot understand your post. Please re-submit IN ENGLISH.

Colincbayley
12-03-2008, 07:06 AM
Is it possible to find out what the LLR for a particular area is?

I think I read somewhere that when HB changes to LHA they will publish the LLR for the councils area!

wiseowl
12-03-2008, 08:32 AM
Have you tried looking here?

http://www.therentservice.gov.uk/corporate-publications/local-reference-rents/

Esio Trot
12-03-2008, 08:48 AM

You beat me to it, and I'm surprised someone didn't reply sooner.

Apparently, this data has only been available for the last six months and is the result of an application made to the Information Commissioner under the Freedom of Information Act. The Rent Service did not wish to place this information in the public domain, fearing manipulation. The IC dissagreed and insisted that the data was published.

The Freedom of Information Act in, is my view, the most important (and surprising - knowing how civil servants thrive on secrecy) piece of legislation enacted in the last 20 years.

Colincbayley
12-03-2008, 08:50 AM

Didn't know about this. HANDY !!