PDA

View Full Version : Cooking Facilities

pia
02-04-2008, 20:08 PM
I am told I am required by law to provide cooking facilities - Is this true and can anyone help me find the relevent ledgeslation/law
Many Thanks

jeffrey
02-04-2008, 20:19 PM
I am told I am required by law to provide cooking facilities - Is this true and can anyone help me find the relevent legislation/law
Many Thanks
Too vague. Are you a landlord, tenant, hotelier, caterer, or bed-and-breakfast owner?

pia
03-04-2008, 16:14 PM
I am A Landlord - new to the game

jeffrey
03-04-2008, 16:25 PM
I am A Landlord - new to the game
So, no- you are not obliged to provide cooking facilities. However, you are obliged to provide (and repair) supply installations for gas (if connected), electricity, and water; and also drainage. See section 11 of Landlord and Tenant Act 1985.

attilathelandlord
03-04-2008, 17:03 PM
Jeffrey, surely you're not suggesting a landlord would dream of providing drugmaking facilities for the tenant!!!:

"you are not obliged to provide coking facilities"

jeffrey
03-04-2008, 17:10 PM
Jeffrey, surely you're not suggesting a landlord would dream of providing drugmaking facilities for the tenant!!!:

"you are not obliged to provide coking facilities"
Oops. I meant facilities for producing smokeles fuel, obviously.
Now you know why I'm not a typist. Error corrected.

attilathelandlord
03-04-2008, 17:13 PM
That's a shame, "coking facilities" sounded so much more exciting!

Bel
03-04-2008, 17:16 PM
If the properety in question is a HMO, you DO need to provide cooking facitilties; its in the HMO regs.

So if you have 3 sharers + (unrelated), even if they are friends, you must provide a cooker and suitable kitchen. Families do not count.

attilathelandlord
04-04-2008, 07:45 AM
No need to get so "sniffy" it attila snorted!

jeffrey
04-04-2008, 08:51 AM
No need to get so "sniffy" it attila snorted!
This correspondence is getting right up my nose.

P.Pilcher
04-04-2008, 09:47 AM
As the supplies of "cheap" North sea gas are now running low, the reason that the entire country was converted from "Town" to "Natural" gas possibly no longer applies, thus we may well have to to change back to town gas in due course. When this happens, coking facilities (plus washers and scrubbers) will most certainly be necessary to produce the town gas that the country will need!

P.P.

jeffrey
04-04-2008, 10:19 AM
Plenty of scrubbers around: see Max Mosley's little friends, most weekly "Chat" magazines, Heather Mills (allegedly, M'Lud), etc.