PDA

View Full Version : Evicting a tenant after two months?

maxicatimus
01-04-2008, 18:14 PM
Hi.
I have a tenant who just lies about the rent and never pays it, he has skipped two months rent saying he will pay it tomorrow but never does.
He has forced other tenants to move out by causing fights and smokes in his room even though it is a non smoking house.
Is it possible to evict him quickly even though he has only served two months of a six month lease.
Surely the law doesn't expect you to put up with this, after all I have a mortgage to pay.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you:(

Beeber
01-04-2008, 19:11 PM
Is he on an individual tenancy agreement or a joint one?

maxicatimus
01-04-2008, 20:27 PM
Is he on an individual tenancy agreement or a joint one?
Hi Beeber
He is on an individual agreement.
Thanks

jeffrey
01-04-2008, 21:20 PM
I have a tenant who just lies about the rent and never pays it, he has skipped two months rent saying he will pay it tomorrow but never does.
He has forced other tenants to move out by causing fights and smokes in his room even though it is a non smoking house.
Is it possible to evict him quickly even though he has only served two months of a six month lease.
Yes, you can, but only by serving a s.8 Notice. Use g8/10/11 together, serve, wait two weeks, then begin proceedings.

maxicatimus
01-04-2008, 21:56 PM
Yes, you can, but only by serving a s.8 Notice. Use g8/10/11 together, serve, wait two weeks, then begin proceedings.

Hi Jeffrey.
Sorry to appear thick but can you tell me where I can find out about all these forms, What are s8, g8/10/11 and where can I get them.
Is there a web site that explains all these?
Thanks for your help.

jeffrey
01-04-2008, 22:07 PM
Hi Jeffrey.
Sorry to appear thick but can you tell me where I can find out about all these forms, What are s8, g8/10/11 and where can I get them.
Is there a web site that explains all these?
Thanks for your help.
Section 8 is in Housing Act 1988. Grounds 8/10/11 appear in Schedule 2 to the Act. Try using macro search to find posts re them.
Forms can be found too: use "Agreements" thingy at top of page.

maxicatimus
01-04-2008, 22:31 PM
Thanks again
Ill look deeper into it, if I need help can I email you for a costing to help me sort this out?
Thanks

ah84
02-04-2008, 07:59 AM
It will still take a few months to get him out. All depends how long it takes to get a court hearing, how long judge awards for him to leave and how long wiat is for bailiffs. Sorry to ruin your day, but the rental business carries risks and landlords are not that well protected from these types of tenants.