PDA

View Full Version : Ways of paying rent

martin_n
27-03-2008, 16:13 PM
Hi,

I have been searching ways the tenant can use to pay rent but could not find a post. At the moment the tenant is sending me a cheque every month and I have to reply her with the acknowledgement as a proof for receipt, and sometimes it got lost in the post.

Could you please help on ways I can provide the tenants to pay the rent apart from direct bank transfer?

Thanks

Martin_n

jeffrey
27-03-2008, 16:24 PM
Hi,

I have been searching ways the tenant can use to pay rent but could not find a post. At the moment the tenant is sending me a cheque every month and I have to reply her with the acknowledgement as a proof for receipt, and sometimes it got lost in the post.

Could you please help on ways I can provide the tenants to pay the rent apart from direct bank transfer?

Thanks

Martin_n
Not sure whether, by "direct bank transfer", you mean:
a. BACS payment (e.g. telephone/internet banking); or
b. Standing Order.

What is T's problem in paying you by one or other of these methods?

P.Pilcher
27-03-2008, 22:19 PM
Although I prefer my tenants to pay their rent by standing order, some prefer not to. These I equip with a paying in book for the appropriate account. They can then go down to their local branch of my bank and pay by cheque or, in some cases, cash. The stamped counterfoils of the book act as proof that they have paid their rent and, for me, the system works well.

P.P.

LalaCem
28-03-2008, 13:17 PM
A bit off topic, In france, some LL get their T not through money but 'other services'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/crossing_continents/7290139.stm

and no I am suggesting that you do the same :eek:

Personally, I use a mixture of BACS and pay-in books.