PDA

View Full Version : Sadder but wiser (?)

spw58
09-10-2005, 20:03 PM
I have just learned that my ex-managing agent (NW London area) who I have been pursuing for monies owed for the last 4 months has now disappeared with £5000 of my money (and who knows how much of other peoples?).

I employed this creep when he asked me to give him a chance following having had my fingers burned by the company he worked for previously. He swore blind he never knew they were going under and promised to do a good job for me. Suffice to say I realised a while ago what a complete and utter pr*t I'd had been!

This then is really just a warning to first time or casual landlords (of which I am one).

1) If you have the time and/or inclination, study hard and do it yourself, otherwise...

2) Never ever enter into a business relationship with someone you don't know through and through based on what you percieve as "friendship"

3) Always look for an agent with rock solid trade association credentials (and check them!)

4) Get references

5) Read this site and the top notch advice you can get from some of the regulars

One last thing that does disappoint me however is that I can't name this piece of sh*t on this site because of libel laws - there should be some way that we can warn each other about scum like this.

MrShed
09-10-2005, 20:11 PM
It is only libel if you are lying... :confused:

Editor
09-10-2005, 20:12 PM
Sound excellent advice to me!

spw58
09-10-2005, 20:23 PM
It is only libel if you are lying... :confused:
...you're right, but most forums (understandably) don't like to expose themselves to potential legal action in this way, and I don't wish to do so despite the temptation!

Editor
09-10-2005, 20:52 PM
spw58 - You are absolutely right on this one. Our policy is to immediately remove any post which has the potential to expose us as publishers to legal action, just as soon as it is brought to our attention. Thanks for your consideration.

MrShed
09-10-2005, 20:58 PM
Sorry, of course....never thought about that!

dazalock
10-10-2005, 11:16 AM
Post information about this company on ww.blagger.com