Questions in Commercial
Page 1 out of 2 Pages
- Are there any special precautions I should take on granting permission to assign or to make alterations to the property?
- Lease Renewals and Rent Review Disputes - what is PACT?
- My business is going belly up but has over two years left on the lease. I want out but the landlord says I will have to pay rent until another tenant is found and the difference in the rent if it's less than I am paying. Does all this have to be spelled out in the tenancy agreement as it says nothing about this? I did not seek legal advice and did not realise the consequences of signing the lease. Please help as its going to cripple me trying to pay the rent with very little income.
- 2 years ago I purchased a company from my ex boss, on a 10 yr lease, the lease was set up by a solicitor. After 2 years the buisness is struggling and is not viable. I feel that my solicitor ill advised me as there was no break clause mentioned. Where do I stand on this?
- Lease Assignment - I need to get out of a business lease. I have a flower shop which I lease from my landlord. The lease I originally signed was a standard law society lease for 5 years. I have been there for 2 years and now the business has grown so I need to expand and therefore have secured larger premises. What is the norm here? I appreciate that I have signed for 5 years but I have been a good tenant (I have installed full central heating etc) paid rent on time etc, etc. I am prepared to give my landlord 2-3 months notice to re-let the property so I was just wondering what happens normally.
- Code for Leasing Business Premises - what is this code?
- Setting up a Commercial Tenancy - I would like to find out about the Landlords responsibilities to ensure the commercial property for lease is 'fit for use' e.g. safe for occupancy. What 'condition' does the property have to be in to be leaseable? If the building requires replastering, rewiring, replumbing - who foots the bill? the landlord or the incoming tenant?
- Break Clause. I am negotiating to take a lease with a break clause so that I can get out of the lease if my new business fails. Are there any points I should be aware of?
- Commercial Leases: I am renting out my shop to a new tenant and I want to buy a lease. Can I buy one "off-the-shelf"?
- Dilapidations: My landlord is looking to me to re-instate, repair or decorate following his surveyors report for final dilapidations on termination of my lease. Where do I stand if there was no schedule of condition at the start of the lease?