Questions in General Legal
General Legal / Letting Questions
- Re-selling Energy - As a landlord am I able to make a profit by re-selling electricity or gas?
- What points should I look out for if I am considering asking my tenant for a guarantor?
- What is the correct procedure when setting up a lease/tenancy agreement, who signs what and do I need a witness ?
- Tenant Blacklists - I've had a really bad experience with my tenant who has left me owing a lot of money in rent arrears. My solicitor says it will cost a lot of money to trace the tenant and take him to court, so it's probably not worth taking it further. How can I get him blacklisted to protect others?
- Contract Law - What are the basics of contract law concerning landlord / tenant agreements?
- Re-selling Electicity & Gas. My landlord is re-selling me electricity through his own meter and I suspect he may be overcharging me for it. What can I do?
- Unihabitable Premises. My tenanted property is flooded. What are my legal obligations in this situation? Am I oblidged to re-house my tenant? Must my tenant continue to pay rent?
- Covenant and Covenant Strength - What is a legal covenant and what is the significance of the terms in relation to rental property and lettings ?
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) - What is Alternative Dispute Resolution ?
- Squatter's Rights - Someone has occupied my property for some time without my permission. Can they claim good title through Squatter's Rights (adverse possession) ?